Blocks Java JRE 6 update !

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by nagan, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nagan

nagan Registered Member

I tried to upgrade to JRE 6 and always the installation hung! I silenced both Spybot and ESET .Then it installed smoothly.My bet is ESET interferes with the installation because there is a speed compatibility of unzipping and scan between the installation and ESET.

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

No problems here. Have you unchecked advanced heuristics under real-time file system protection?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Spybot's Tea Timer would interfere with changes made to the registry and this making (most) installations fail .

4. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

I've installed Java 2 Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 1 - 5. All these JRE installers were run in the presence of ESET without any problem whatsoever - so you know who the culprit is. ;)

BTW, I've never ever installed Spybot in my system.

5. Proactive Services

Proactive Services Registered Member

I've installed at least 50 JRE 5 updates on a host of different systems using NOD32, fast and slow, and have never seen a problem. If you removed both Spybot and NOD32 at the same time it is difficult to safely point the finger at any one of them.

I concur with the other poster - TeaTimer does prevent JRE updating unless one accepts the prompts to change system settings.

6. prius04

prius04 Registered Member

FWIW, I've installed all the JRE 6.0 updates without issue and I have *both* EAV 3.0 *and* Spybot installed on my systems.........*but* I am *not* using TeaTimer.

7. Donny

Donny Registered Member

Agree with HiTech_boy, Proactive Services & NodboN, here - you , too will realize once you use TeaTimer that the JRE 6.0 updates installation issue is not caused by EAV.

8. NodboN

NodboN Registered Member

Last night, I applied the latest release of the Java 2 Runtime Environment 6.0 Update 6. With NOD32 running, the update installed with absolutely no problem.

Can you please try the installation, once again - this time, silencing only Spybot (at least, the TeaTimer) instead of both Spybot and ESET.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.