Blocking proxy

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by vkidv, Aug 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vkidv

vkidv Registered Member

Hi.

I'm looking for a FREE advert blocking proxy that doesn't rely on me making rules to begin with.

I've used Privoxy and Proximitron a lot in the past but I'm looking for something new. I ask explicitly for a proxy because I want to run this for all my browsers. I don't want to install an AdBlock for Firefox and one for IE for example.

I want something that is managed by a company or a community that issues updates from a centralized server. Preferably these updates should be automated.

I find continually modifying/updating the hosts file cumbersome...I'd rather have it all in one application that can be turned on/off, like Proximitron's bypass.

Thanks

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Such a service isn't going to be provided for free, so are you prepared to pay for it - and if so, how much?

If you are looking for something that is free and simple to use, I'd suggest checking out BFilter - a very effective ad remover that requires next to no configuration.

3. vkidv

vkidv Registered Member

It is working great so far. It's also very easy to add filters, I've only had to add filters for words with the word 'click' and 'ad'.

Thankyou.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.