Blocking programs in Sandboxie

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by djg05, Oct 4, 2014.

1. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Currently Opera 12.17 is my main browser. It is set to save it settings in another drive which is setup in SB. I am also trialling Opera Dev 26 but since it has the same name it steals all the settings from 12 which I don't want it to do or save. Tried changing the name of Opera Dev but it will not then run.

Any suggestions as to how I can prevent this please.

2. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

at first - Opera v12 is damn old and its engine rather old - i am not sure which or if latest vulnerabilities were fixed eccept the heartbleed bug. Opera Next is based on chromium - you better use Chrome as the master of chromium wether its from google or not.

i think Opera Next will ask you before it imports older profiles.
    renaming might prevent sandboxie recognizing opera next as opera and to set its environment for it. as it matters your renamed opera.exe is not on list of programs which may have web access - check your settings.
    http://www.sandboxie.com/index.php?RestrictionsSettings

3. djg05

djg05 Registered Member

Thanks - I know it is old but until something better comes along I will stay with it.

I did look in the restrictions but could not find anything relative, but will have another look.

4. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

Look in Sandbox settings>Applications>Folders. I am not sure but perhaps that's what you are looking for. But dig05, if you install Opera 26 in a sandbox, settings that you change to that installation wont affect Opera 12 outside the sandbox (unless you allow those changes out of the sandbox).

I am not familiar with Opera. Even though as you install Opera 26 sandboxed, the browser takes settings from 12, you could reset Opera 26 to default settings (if its possible to do in Opera). Or if Opera allows you to Create new profiles like Firefox, you could create one for 26. That would be even better for what you want to do.

Bo

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.