Blocking port by svchost.exe and broadcasting on port 445

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by qualentino, Nov 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qualentino

qualentino Registered Member

Hi Guys,

We have some problem with my PC.

I can browse well for several minutes, and then stop responding.
    When I check, I can not telnet to any ports and when I'm doing "netstat -an", plenty connection that was listed as "SYN SENT" come from my PC to destination port of 445.

When I restart my computer, the connection was running well on several minutes, and then stops responding.

When I check thoroughly, I'm sensing that every time I'm killing "svchost.exe" that using above 8,000k of memory, the connection starts to run well although only for several minutes. Every time the "svchost.exe" that using above 8,000k of memory appears, my PC stops responding.

I have tried several anti virus to detect this but unable to detect this threat.

The problem is, when I was formatted my PC, this "scvhost.exe" still appear although not as disturbing as before. But only last for 4 days before I was getting the same effect.

Is there some clue for me to solve this ?

Please advice.

2. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Totally off-topic here; this is in no way releted to any ESET product; randomly killing system processes just because they use 8MB of RAM is unwise to put it mildly and I'd suggest that you get more familiar with the basics of file and printer sharing under Windows operating system before asking similar thing at an appropriate forum.

3. qualentino

Hello Mr. doktor,

I issuing similar issue to eset since I'm using NOD as my antivirus.
    If, you feel that I mistakenly do something, i think you can guide me to properly solve the problem.

Thank you

4. qualentino

Hello again,

Btw, I was not randomly select this svchost.exe to kill, I'm using several program to conclude that this "svchost.exe" was broadcasting to plenty of public IP on destination port 455.

Thank you

5. qualentino

sorry, I mean on port 445

6. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

And how's exactly an antivirus related to this issue? With similar logic, I could post about similar issues on forums of any vendor whose SW I have installed on my box, such as WinRAR, Total Commander or whatever else. Their relation to file and printer sharing in Windows is about the same as NOD32's after all.

7. cupez80

cupez80 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.