Blocking All Chinese Sites

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Hangetsu, Dec 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hangetsu

Hangetsu Registered Member

I recently read that over half of all malware comes from Chinese sites at this point. While its not 100% protection, does anyone know how to set a firewall to block all chinese web sites? I don't read Chinese, and don't go to any english versions of chinese sites.

Does this provide any benefit in the expert's eyes here?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

iirc Online Armor's firewall can block by country.

3. SystemJunkie

SystemJunkie Resident Conspiracy Theorist

Yes and 50% of spam mails too. These ill individuals.

4. Hangetsu

Still waiting for Online Armor's Vista version :D

Not sure how to create rules in a generic firewall app, like Microsoft's Vista Firewall - If I can do that, great.

5. SystemJunkie

OA would be cool if it wouldn´t have that many issues.
    Sometimes executables freezes and nothing works anymore it also can happen that it crashes. It is vulnerable against memory overflow. Start 60+ Process Explorer then OA has gone and several other things I miss e.g good IDS stats like Sygate. Damn if Sygate would be better in leaktests I´d directly switch back.

All top firewalls have all a problem so all of them own a devil hook.
    Outpost 2008: Installation issues, can happen that Installer freezes and installation fails totally in a frost shock.
    Comodo 3: If terminal services are erased init procedure takes up to 10 minutes, Appinit Dll method,
    vulnerable against 1 spy method.
    OA: Exe freezes in some cases and sys freeze can happen from time to time, no nice IDS logs,
    vulnerable against 4 spy methods
    ZA: Permanent connections to zonelabs for whatever reason, winlogon hang up for some seconds,
    vulnerable against 4 spy methods.

Damn, damn I am awaiting the absolute thing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2007
  6. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

The source of such info or the link ?

I occasionally visit Chinese web site, the authentic Chinese site, nothing out of ordinary has occurred to me, just like anything else on cyber space, Practicing safe hex is the foremost measure.

If such info are holding up, then we should waste no time to get Chinese-made anti- malware programs,

Because they (Chinese) will know the job better than anyone else outside their vast territory.

Have anyone said the foot-month disease all come from Britain ? Or Mad cow disease all originates from USA's wild wild west ? o_O

7. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

A cheap router can do it.

8. Hangetsu

My apologies -- The site I read this on said 50%, its 30% according to Sophos: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/12/03/mi5_warns_over_chinese_hack_attacks/

I'm not trying to say it all comes from China. However, if I don't visit Chinese sites (nor do I plan to), why would I want to leave those sites open?

9. SystemJunkie

But its true I noticed on one system too that chinese hps are very often infected.. once I could catch the malware directly during website visit it was trojan BlackQQRobber.

10. Hangetsu

I know, but I need to know the IP addresses that correspond to the various countries. Is there a good site to pick those up?

11. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

There was a thread here earlier regarding to this issue,

you need to do a bit search,.

Good luck.

12. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Who needs to block Chinese sites, their servers do a good enough job of that alone. They are slow as a SNAIL, and i mean SLOW!

13. Firefighter

Firefighter Registered Member

It's only a waste of time. The internet is nowadays actually a battlefield of plague, where the vast majority of unarmed victims have to be killed. :'(
    There are only more or less worthless painkillers to this disease but only millions of victims like this, this and this etc. o_O

The best cure, stay away from this battlefield by abandoning the corrupted µ$ OS and flying away to the modern Linux world. :rolleyes:

Best regards,
    Firefighter!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2007
  14. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, Yes, their sites are slower, in general, compared to other places. But just a hint of the day: Try to surf theirs when they are sleeping, I don't think Most Chinese are night hawks. They need to rise early to raise their National flag. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.