Blocked website logging

Discussion in 'ESET Endpoint Products' started by dierseljk, Apr 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dierseljk

dierseljk Registered Member

Hello forum members,

On a client's computer, a website is being blocked by ESET Endpoint Antivirus 5.
    The blocked website is not visited in a webbrowser by the user so some background program is trying to access it and i want to know what is accessing it so i can remove the offending program (or virus or malware).
    But i only see a pop-up message that the website is blocked, which disappears after about 10 seconds. I cannot find any blocked website in "Detected threats" in ESET Endpoint Antivirus' logfiles.

In Web Access Protection, i have enabled the ThreatSense option "Record all objects in the logfile", but the blocked website still does not appear in the logfile.
    In Advanced settings/Logfile settings, i have set the minimal log level to "Diagnostic", but the blocked website still does not appear in the logfile.

Is there any (external) logfile that includes the blocked websites and which process is accessing the blocked website, or is there an option i can set to start logging this?

Kind regards, Danny.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Blocked websites are logges as of v6 which is currently available for home users only.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.