Blocked Internet (Cisco VPN) connection from VMware 7 workstation (XP SP3 virtual)

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by funky_disco_freak, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funky_disco_freak

funky_disco_freak Registered Member

Hi!

I have XP Sp3 and ESET 4.0.437.0 Smart Security.

Firewall set to interactive mode.

When I start VMware 7 with XP Sp3 as virtual machine and them from that virtual machine Cisco VPN client (5.0.3.0530 version) - I cannot establish connection. The same is with Internet connection from it-doesn't work!

When I disable ESET firewall and start again Cisco VPN connection all works OK! And Of course Internet works as well.

problem is that ESET ask me for any incoming or outgoing connections to allow me to approve it (as interactive mode should work).

I have reset VMware network adapters (I got new DHCP ranges)...ESET ask me to allow and I say "yes" to all asked but no progress.

How to enable Internet (and Cisco VPN connections) to have with active ESET firewall.

regards,

Damir Vadas

2. JesusV

JesusV Former ESET Support Rep

What Os are you using? have you added rules for the VPN client under Rules and Zones?

3. COSMO26

COSMO26 Registered Member

FWIW---In the K-base/FAQ on What's New in ESS V4 it states that one new Option is: [Enable communication for bridged connections for improved compatibility with virtual machines, VPNs and similar applications].

In Personal Firewall/IDS and Advanced Options there is a box "allow communications for bridged connections". It's UN-checked in mine - would this apply in your case?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.