Blocked Incoming TCP on port 45744

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mebored, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mebored

mebored Registered Member

I have had constant attempts by various computers to access my port 45744. I have no program that uses this port and have tried closing down all internet apps and still get attempts at connection. I have done a full virus check and spyware, trojan check and havebeen unable to find the source of these constant (every 10 secs) attempts at connection. I am concerned that this could be something serious and it has been slowing my internet connection, including sometimes making it drop in and out.

If anyone has some suggestions for things I could try, it would be greatly appreciated.

BEN

2. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

Hi there Mebored and welcome to the forum!
    You could grab Port explorer ( www.diamondcs.com.au ) -- free trial version -- with which you can see what is using that port and connected to that, spy on it, kill it, block it, remove the application if it is suspicious on that port, etc.

Please let us know what you find.

3. flyrfan111

flyrfan111 Registered Member

The Internet Storm Center list no known applications for this port as well as no known vulnerabilities for it. Over the last 40 days they show a limited number of scans on this port however. Oddly they record more sources than targets for these scans. It would seem that maybe they are targeted scans rather than wide spread bot scans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.