Block list October 6, 2006

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by TNT, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Please note: the list does not include subdomains: an entry for "<site name>.biz" means than any subdomain entry should be automatically banned, so for instance "<example>.<site name>.biz" is not included in the list but should actually be blocked. So this is NOT for Windows hosts files, but it's perfect between others for Squid proxy rules, or to import in Internet Explorer's "restricted zone" with ZonedOut.

The list includes entries from various existing block lists, plus:

- link spam and blog spam sites (sites that were found in guestbooks and forums around the web and which were CLEARLY only used to increase search engine rankings)

- malware-hosting sites (excuding sites that host malware while CLEARLY specifying it is malware) and malware-pushing sites

- sites using exploits

- sites related to known spammers

- some "tracking-cookie" sites (not many)

Everyone is welcome to test this (such as adding these domains to his own IE "restricted" zone) and give his own impressions, and especially everyone is welcome contributing to this list (I found both IE-SpyAd and Spywareblaster's restricted domains lists to be rather incomplete, that's why I started this thing).

Last update: October 6, 2006 (added 1241, removed 11 entries since previous update).

Attached Files:

2. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

Thanks TNT. I added it to IE's restricted list with ZonedOut. IE-SPYAD has not been updated since July. Looks like Eric is really busy.

3. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Yeah, it's a bummer, since that one has definitely more visibility than mine... :shifty: And there were so many bad sites coming out in these last months... still, I took every effort to include as many as possible; many of these are 'jumper' domains (meaning they do just a JS redirection to the real nasty ones containing the exploits), but quite a few are very nasty, and with very recent exploits (in fact, two have not even been patched by Microsoft yet).

In other words, I urge people to use my blocklist, as it's a pretty good one. ;)

4. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

AS per other thread thankyou.
    DOnt use IE much but HAVE to stay utd, bugger it.

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

Hmm
    Can I get some advice:
    Have dld and used Zoned Out with "Current Users" as per instructions, have some errors: "these must be in another zone"
    Specifically have copy/paste individual entrires into restricted zones and get similar message !!??
    Have looked through evry zone and cannot find these.
    Have been through every favourite: cannot find.

What Have I done wrong? compromised?

Also have spybot immunise, IEspy-ad, Spyware blaster: any conflicts?

Thanks.

6. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

TNT - Do you plan any further updates to your Block List?

7. TNT

TNT Registered Member

Yes. :)

Sorry for the delay, I've been very busy these days. I'll post the new one before the end of the week (it's gonna be a major update). :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.