Block internet - allow trusted zone for a single programm

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by thisisjustme, Apr 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thisisjustme

thisisjustme Registered Member

Hey folks,

I hope you can help me. I'm having some issues with a programm I don't want to connect to the internet, but to be able to connect to my LAN. I just don't quite understand the stuff about rules, zones, and how I can connect them with that one programm. I hope you get the idea what my problem is.
    All I can adjust in the "Rules" section is to either block or allow communication for that programm, incoming and outgoing, but I can't find that option to diversify between trusted zone and internet.

Thanks for any help in advance. :)

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Which ESET product do you currently have installed? What is the program you are attempting to connect to your LAN?

If you have Smart Security, the following two Knowledgebase articles may be of help:

Why is my application, printer or other external device not working correctly with ESET Smart Security?

How do I create a firewall rule to allow/disallow use of a certain application in ESET Smart Security?

If you have NOD32, you may need to see the instructions in your third-party firewall or router for these permissions.

3. thisisjustme

thisisjustme Registered Member

Wow, until now I completely forgot about this post, I am very sorry. By now I de-installed the program and got another one, so the issue is, well, not solved, but avoided for now.

I am using SmartSecurity. Thanks for the links, I'll have a look at them and save them for when I might need them somewhen later.

\edit: I just tried to use the information you provided, just to know what to do when I need it. I found those knowledgebase articles before I posted here, so there was nothing quite new for me. I found the menu in my version of ESET to be slightly different from the pictures in the articles. Additionally, the second one just explains how to create rules in general, but not how to alter them so my application can communicate to the local/trusted zone but not to the internet.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.