Block bitmap corrupted?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by jdozier, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdozier

jdozier Registered Member

I am getting the following error when I check the properties of my hard drive: "File system Error: Block bitmap corrupted"

I cannot change the size of my partition. The only choice I have is to create a new partition of 7 megs from unallocated space. Windows says I have over 12 gigs of free hard drive space on my primary partition C: which I understood this program could create new partitions from.

I also have run the acronis report which I could post, but it is big and looks like a bunch of mumbo jumbo....

Please help.

Thank you.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jdozier,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

First of all, please make sure you use the latest build, which is available on our web site at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/. To get access to updates you should register your software first at http://www.acronis.com/my/products/registration/. Please disable any download managers, internet download/connection boosters, etc. before the download.

Could you please describe what happens when you launch Acronis Disk Director Suite 9.0? If you can launch it please create a sceenshot of the main screen. Also please open "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management" and create a screenshot of this window. Please send both screenshots to support@acronis.com laong with the link to this thread. Also please describe what you mean by "big report"? What is its size?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. aywars

aywars Guest

You should try checkdisk!

Do the fallowing

1. Click on start and choose "run.." command
    2. Type "cmd" and press enter
    3. In Prompt type chkdsk /f and answer "y" to the question
    4. Restart your computer

Windows will check your disk at start up

It should do the trick (well, it worked for me)

Good luck!

Aivars.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.