Block a specific file in NOD32

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by mzbcracker, Oct 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mzbcracker

mzbcracker Registered Member

hi.i use ESET Smart Security 5 Trial.i used to use McAfee and Kaspersky.now i want to shift to ESET Smart Security 5.and i have some questions:

1-in McAfee and Kaspersky i could deny access to a specific file.for example i could deny access to autorun.inf files so that when i clicked on them, it would give me the following message: "access to this file is Denied".or i could deny access to any other file.How can i deny access to a specific file in NOD32 ??

2-How can i Exclude a Process from being scanned in Nod32?? i know how to exclude files and folders but i want a process to be excluded.by the way i have searched all the forum for this and i haven't found the answer to my question.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello mzbcracker,

Answer to your first question :

Right click on the Eset icon (green circle) near the system clock, in the context menu click on advanced setup, open Computer section by clicking on + after expand antivirus and antispyware removable media, check the box filter device access. There you can allow or deny access to a removable device. Or you can create a new rule in HIPS to deny access to certain files.

Answer to your second question:

A process is also file. Open task manager right click on process name and click on show file location. All what you have to do is exclude the location of the process file in the exception list of the realtime protection.

Regards
    Niels

3. mzbcracker

hi.thanks for the reply but this is not what i want.
    for the first question i do not want to block access to USB disk completely.i want to block only access to "autorun.inf" and some other files.and when i try to make a rule in HIP, nod32 does not block "autorun.inf".maybe you can help me to block it with HIP.
    for the second question : a file and a process are two different subjects.i do not want to stop scanning a specific .exe file and its folder.i want to stop scanning all the activities that are done by a .exe file and that is excluding a complete process and all the activities it does on a pc.
    i'd appreciate any answer in advance.

4. mzbcracker

hi.i have a trial nod.i want to decide to buy it.can you please guide me??
    those issues are very important for me.can anybody help??

5. mzbcracker

if there isn't such feature in nod32 please tell me.i'm deciding to choose an antivirus.if there's no such option i wanna swtich to another av.please answer me.

6. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Blocking a specific file(s) is simple: create a new HIPS blocking rule with the "Start new application" operation selected on the "Target applications" tab and browse for the desired files or folders in the right pane:

Attached Files:

7. mzbcracker

i did what you said.but it does not work.believe me.i tried to block a file in h:\ and it didn't block it.here's a picture:
    please help.i do need it.

Attached Files:

• 222.png
      222.png
      File size:
      41.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Autorun.inf is not executed but interpreted by the operating system so there's a difference and this will not work.

9. mzbcracker

i could do that in kaspersky and mcafee.so what should i do now ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.