Blink Personal Edition

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Code_Blue, Sep 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Code_Blue

Code_Blue Registered Member

I am not a computer security person by any stretch, but that said, I have picked up some good information here at Wilders and am grateful for it.

I am using Blink Personal Edition on our HP w/Windows XP SP2 and frankly like the way it works. It seems light on resources and has minimal pop-ups. I scan occasionally with Spyware Terminator and Avira and have found nothing on the computer I am a safe surfer using FF browser w/no script.

My 2 questions are:

1. For the non technical user is Blink considered by Wilders "Gurus" an effective security solution when compared to the layered approach spoken of so frequently here, or other suites?

2. And, for my laptop with Vista Home Edition Premium, what is a good layered solution until Blink is available for Vista? I am Currently using Avast 4.7 home, PC Tools FW, BoClean and Spyware Terminator, All running real time. So far so good but I'm not sure if this is enough vs being overkill.

All boxes are behind a Linksys router w/WPA2 encryption engaged. 1 hard wired, 2 via wireless.

Thanks in advance.Tom

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

For your Vista setup I think you can get rid of Spyware Terminator. The rest seems good.

3. Code_Blue

Thanks WSFuser,

Any thoughts about Blink ?

4. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

I've had Blink on my machine for a few months now and haven't had a single problem of any kind. I run Win XP sp2 with all current updates. The antivirus (Norman) is good, updates regularly. I'm a very safe surfer, so can't say I've really put Blink to any strenuous tests.

All in all, though, I like it, and it'll be on my computer until I switch to Ubuntu linux in the very near future.

5. 19monty64

19monty64 Registered Member

...but is it vista-compatableo_O

6. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

So far as I know, at this time it is not Vista compatible. I read that it's in the works, though.

7. Hipgnosis

Hipgnosis Registered Member

I've been using Blink Personal for several months and am very satisfied with it.
    All in all it is a relatively quiet program (not too many pop-ups) and the pop-ups I do receive, I want to know about. I feel like it is a secure, easy to configure and formidable security suite. Unless the program is proven otherwise it will stay installed.

But that's just my opinion, your results may differ.

8. Code_Blue

Thanks folks: In a previous thread Blink was touched upon but it kind of faded out. Why is it that Blink does not see more discussion? It appears to be a fairly unique set of applications that I would think would have sparked the "spirited banter" that makes this a great board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.