Blaster not working?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by rocktman, Jun 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rocktman

rocktman Registered Member

I have physically removed from the P3P and Domains in the registry settings, all the malware. I run all the updated versions of Spybot, Adaware, HiJack, CWSShredder. I run Win Patrol. Norton Antivirus. Everything is totaly updated. My computer was clean and rebooted. I have been to no malicious sites. All the malware is back in my registry even though Blaster has me protected against it. There is something hidden somewhere that regenerates these entries into my computer. None of the programs above have ever found them and always give me a clean bill of health yet the entries are right there in the registry. They always come together and at the same time into the P3P and Zone Map/Domain folders. I am frustrated wondering why Blaster let them in again and how they keep getting reinstalledo_O I use Win XP Pro O/S.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hi rocktman,

Welcome to Wilders!!!

Could you please post the registry entries that you are referring to in order to help us troubleshoot your issue. TIA ;) ...

3. rocktman

HKEY_LOCAL-MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENT VERSION/INTERNET SETTINGS/P3P/HISTORY and INTERNET SETTINGS/ZONE MAPS/DOMAINS

HKEY_USERS/S-1-5-21-..../SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENT VERSION/INTERNET SETTINGS/ same as above

4. puff-m-d

You did not list the subkeys and/or values in question above, but these keys are where SpywareBlaster sets "kill bits" to keep malware from being able to install on your system and/or to add sites to your restricted sites list. Try to run SpywareBlaster and see if any items have been disabled, and if so re-enable them and run SBs&d again and see if the items have came back. I would say, that more than likely, you are getting false positives in SBs&d.

5. rocktman

Ok thanks I will give it a try. I am not expert at the registry but the folders that the bad entries are in contain hundreds of entries. ron

6. puff-m-d

Thanks Ron. I will await your results as you try the above. Remember, you do not need to be an "expert" here. We are all here to learn. If there is anything you are unsure about, ask us before you do something. Understanding what you are doing will make you more and more in control of the security of your system. A motto around here is "The only stupid question is the one left unasked and unanswered". There is usually someone around here at Wilders that can help with just about anything that comes up.

7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains – Restricted Sites Registry Location and SpywareBlaster adds the Restricted Sites there, so you are protected, not to infect you… ;)

8. rocktman

I opened SB and it had 209 sites disabled. Why I dont know as I loaded the program and then clicked 'enable all protection' which I assumed meant everything. Now I will have to delete all the uglies and reboot. Takes about an hour and a half. Thanks again. Ron

9. rocktman

Phantom are you saying that the anti spyware programs are the ones who have been putting the entries there for their own use to protect my computer, and it isnt spyware that has infected me? Now THAT would be a relief. I have manually deleted these suckers five times now thinking they were put there by the bad guys.....Ron

10. puff-m-d

Hi Ron,

I assume you have run SBs&d since the last time you ran SpywareBlaster?

SBs&d probably is flagging some of the items that SpywareBlaster is adding to the registry as baddies when they are actually OK.

Like I say, they are all probably OK and do not need to be removed. SBs&d is picking up on legitimate entries to the registry as being baddies, when in fact there is nothing wrong, false positives. Once you run SBs&d and fix thoise items, SptywareBlaster is showing items disabled again, then you re-enable and SBs&d pick up these "supposed baddies" again and round and round you go. I would add these items to your SBs&d ignore list.

11. puff-m-d

That is exactly what both Phantom and I are saying ;) .....

12. rocktman

Well HALLELUJAH!! YIPPIE!! This has been driving me totally nuts. Why I think I am just going to go to bed and get some sleep! (I live in Uganda and it is 1 am) Thanks a lot!! Ron

13. puff-m-d

Hi Ron,

Some well deserved sleep I may add :D ...

You are most welcome ;) ... I was trying to get you to see the circle you were going in between the 2 programs and am glad you have figured it out!!!

Have a good sleep :cool: !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.