Blaster manual update help please

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Itehcorc, Jan 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Itehcorc

Itehcorc Registered Member

I cannot update SpywareBlaster automatically (apparently because I do not use IE). I do not mind a manual update, however, the link that is provided for the 'sbinfo.dtb' file does not download...it opens as what appears to be a text document. Any assistance or suggestions as to how I can download that file will be greatly appreciated.

2. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Try right clicking on the file and selecting "save as"... This should do the trick for you...

3. Itehcorc

Kent

Thanks for getting back so quickly. There's still a problem, though. When I right-click on the hyperlink, the only save option is 'Save Target As' & I'm pretty sure that's not what I want. I also tried a right-click on the file (after it was opened) & get no save option at all. Earlier I tried copying the opened file & saving that but it would only save as a text file, which is of no use either. The other 4 links work ok...am I the only one with this problem?

Debi

4. puff-m-d

Yes, you want to use the "save target as" option. Then browse to the location you want to save the file to. Once you save it, verify it was saved as sbinfo.dtb and that a .txt was not added on the end. If so, just rename the file to sbinfo.dtb and you should be good to go. I am not sure why this happens but I have seen it from time to time, and when it does the "save target as" or "save as" (depending on the browser you use), will let you save the file...

HTH.....

5. Itehcorc

Kent

Thanks again. I did as you suggested & think it worked (although I doubt I'd know if it didn't).

Debi

6. puff-m-d

Hi Debi,

When you open spywareblaster, you should see the following. If you do then your downloads worked and you are up to date.....

HTH....

Attached Files:

7. Itehcorc

Kent

It worked!

Debi

PS - Have a good evening...gotta go

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.