Blank Screen an Crash on First Run

Discussion in 'Other Acronis Products' started by JARd1st, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

I'm using the latest version of "Acronis Privacy Expert Suite" and, in general it's ok, except that after every Windows startup, the first time I try to run the program I get a blank (white) interface and the program crashes.

I know this is an old problem with this suite, but I am using the latest version and I still have it.

I did an uninstall/clean reinstall and the problem still exists. (I thought this may be better than an updated install, but no . . .)

When is Acronis going to fix this annoying defect?

2. werne

werne Registered Member

Happens with me too! This is happening for far too many users for Acronis to keep saying that the result is hardware specific. It needs to be fixed for once and all.

3. JARd1st

JARd1st Registered Member

IMHO, it's not hardware specific, it's software specific because I have never seen this on any other program. I've been using PC's almost since the Timex/Sinclair days, and I've never seen a piece of software do this. Not even whan I was making my own programs in C++!

4. werne

werne Registered Member

I tend to agree (intuition only) but that's what Acronis says not me.

5. Spinner

Spinner Registered Member

I have been getting this problem since day one. I have also updated to latest version on all three of my computers and I still get this problem. Acronis fix this crap. It has nothing to do with hardware. It is your software that is causing this.

6. Bill Wholemon

Bill Wholemon Registered Member

I'm using Privacy Expert Suite 9 build 1461 with Windows XP on a Dell Dimension E310 and am having the same problem--most of the time when I start the program it hangs with just the title bar and a white screen showing. I have to reboot, and then it will usually run.

It appears that Acronis is unwilling or unable to fix this problem and I need to look for another program to do this function.

Bill

7. dscrap

dscrap Registered Member

Bill, just right click the acronis tab in the windows taskbar and select close, then hit ok or yes when the end task now window opens. Now just restart PE and it shouuld strart fine. There is no need to reboot the system to get it to work. This has been an issue with PE as long as I can remember, spanning several versions and builds. You would think they would have found the bug by now. Anyway it is still usable, it just doesn't like to start up all the time.

8. Uncle Ben

Uncle Ben Registered Member

Isn't that pathetic! From one revision to the next, they still carry the same bugs! And then, when they finally fix it, three of four genation versions later, those with the bug aren't entitled to a free maintenance upgrade ... they have to buy the Upgrade! You know, come to think of it, I think that they Acro-bats are very smart!

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.