Blank screen after image restore-HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sradams1977, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sradams1977

sradams1977 Registered Member

Hi,

After I have restored an image the PC hangs on a black screen with the cursor flashing in the top left and the hdd activity light on.

The pc I created the image on is identical to the one I am restoring to. Its a Dell Dimension 4100, P3 900Mhz 128mb ram.

I have tried fdisk /mbr with no luck and the image has been checked.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello sradams1977,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please do the following:

- Download Acronis Report utility from http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe;
    - Run Acronis Report utility and select the "Create bootable floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the floppy drive and proceed with creating the bootable diskette;
    - Boot the computer under consideration from this diskette and wait for report creation process to complete;
    - Send the report.txt file from the floppy disk to support@acronis.com.

This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Gothmolly

Gothmolly Registered Member

I have the same problem. I was moving XP from a WD PATA disk to a WD SATA disk. On reboot, nothing but a blank screen.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Gothmolly,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please contact us via e-mail because this way gives us much more opportunities to resolve your problem. Please create Acronis Report Ilya requested above and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread.

Thank you
    --
    Irina Shirokova

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.