BlackSpear's settings in Vista, scheduled task won't run?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Haabrann, Nov 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haabrann

Haabrann Registered Member

Hi,

I downloaded and installed the latest nod32 release, and have set it up following BlackSpear's extra settings to the letter. The only difference is that I've set up a daily drive scan instead of a weekly one, using the 'scan all drives' command line. But when testing the task by choosing ''run now'' from the schedule/planner window, nothing seems to happen. In xp, the scanning window used to pop up, where I could choose to stop the scan. It doesnt show up in ''scanner logs'' either.

Does the 'scan all drives' command line work in vista?
    (/local /adware /ah /all /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /wrap+)

Or is it a bug in the new 2.7 releas?

Any help will be greattly appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. Haabrann

Update:

A reboot seems to have enabled the scheduled task. It will run both at the schefuled time and when I click ''run now''.

But using BlackSpear's settings in xp, there would always open a window when the task started, so I could choose to quit it. Now, everything seems to run without giving me any messages at all.

Does anybody have any ideas how I could get the scanner window to open when the task starts?

Thanks.

3. Haabrann

A little update again.

I reinstalled nod 32, followed Blackspears settings to the exact letter, set up the all drive scan to 21.00 this evening, and rebooted. At nine oclock nothing happened, nothing shows up in the scanner log either.

Other than that, nod32 seems to work great in vista. Hopefully, a scheduled scan with BlackSpear's setting will work in the next program update. Have anybody gotten it to work in the final Vista?

Thanks.

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Can you tell me which version and build of Microsoft Windows Vista you are using, and the version of NOD32 v2.7 you are using as well?

Also, is there (or was there) any other security software installed on the computer at any point, including earlier versions of NOD32?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. Haabrann

Ultimate edition, build 6000. I'm using the latest version of nod32, 2.70.16.

I did a clean install of vista, so there hasn't been any other security software or other nod32 versions on the computer. I get the same error when setting up an ordinary scheduled scan, without Blackspear's command line. If I click ''run now'' I get no pop-up windows, but it shows up in scanner log. The task does not start on its ow.

6. Haabrann

I forgot that I use acronis true image home 10. Is there a known compability problem with Nod32 2.7?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.