Blackspears scanner settings equal 'In-Depth analysis'

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Ocky, Nov 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Second day using NOD32. Some questions:-

Have used nearly all of Blackspears settings. In the Control Center Profiles
    I have 'Control Center Profile - In-Depth analysis' with all boxes ticked; and
    'Use this profile when launching NOD32 from the control Center = NOD32 (not
    'In-Depth'). But I assume it will be In-Depth due to scanner settings.
    Is this OK ? Will this profile always be used in cleaning mode despite other
    profiles having this box ticked ? (eg. Diskettes and My Profile).
    Also Control Center Profile - Local, has by default ticked 'Use this profile
    when launchung NOD32 from the Control Center', with 'Local' selected.
    I presume none of this will interfere with the settings I want as per my
    aforementioned profile.
    Nice to use after Norton !
    Your advice will be appreciated !

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hello , there are difference between profiles .

Run NOD32 (Control Center profile) will only run NOD32 on-demand scanner with settings : Ask for every action and Not all things checked . It is almost the same with Local however it will not only open the scanner but will also automatically start the scan of all hard drives , the same applies for profile Diskettes (which would run A:\ drive check) . In-depth analysis the the most in-depth profile from all default profiles , however here still some things are not checked , I mean In-depth scan will ask for an action if malware is found .

Blackspear's settings are one of the best because they are fully automated (for both resident and on-demand scans) as well as they will scan for all kind of threats with all options checked . They are appropriate for all users who want automated (set and forget) protection as well as users who are not computer-savvy .

Make sure you use the latest version of NOD32 so you enjoy the newest improvements/feautures -> NOD32 version 2.7

:thumb:

3. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Thanks for the information. What I still am confused about is whether the
    actions I have configured, including all those in the Control Center (Threat
    Protection Modules etc.) and in the NOD32 On-Demand (Manual) Scanner,
    will apply if saved to, in my case, 'Control Center Profile - In Depth analysis'
    as per screenshot - despite having NOD32 selected for 'use when launching from Control Center'.
    The settings I have configured under setup in the On-Demand (Manual)
    Scanner include all items except 'Potentially unwanted applications' and
    'List all Files'. Are these not the same as the in-depth analysis items ?

I am asking because when I change the 'Use this profile when launching NOD32 from the Control Center' to 'In-depth analysis', the profile description goes to 'Command line' profile and the settings change accordingly.

Apologies for asking potentially really stupid questions, only third day
    using NOD32.

Attached Files:

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

You are welcome !
    Yes , they will apply . You can change profiles as you like it . The Control Center settings (that indicates the settings for the real-time protections) are the different , they are not connected to these for on-demand scan.

The settings you have selected for your I-Depth profile are OK . It is normal to change. However , there are many profiles which you don't need to use . For example , if you open the on-demand scanner and choose "Profiles" tab and choose My profile . See the attachment . Then you can configure it as you like it so that you don't always play with profiles and different settings . Then you can launch the On-Demand scanner from Start->Programs->ESET->NOD32 and scan when necessary

No worries . Another (easier in my opinion) solution is to read/use Blackspear's settings . Have a look at the Stick posts or here.
    They will set your NOD32 for automatic work and best settings for on-demand scan . Hope I was helpful :D :thumb:

Attached Files:

5. Ocky

Ocky Registered Member

Just to let you know all's OK. My post was too hasty. :oops:

Set everything to default in NOD32 Demand Scanner in Control Center and
    then configured per Blackspear and saved to Control Center Profile (using
    NOD32 when launching). Tested the other profiles e.g.
    Diskettes after changing scanning target to A:\ - works as ordered by doctor.

Many thanks to both Blackspear and HiTech boy for the feedback.

PS. I know now that obviously the Threat Protection Modules are
    a separate issue. ( The joys of being a 'fresh out of the box' NOD32 user) :D

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Hi again Ocky !

Thanks for letting us know ! I hope you enjoy your NOD32 :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.