Blackspears Extra Settings

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by bornconfuzd, May 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

I've just finished setting up v 2.7 with Blackspears Extra settings. Did it manually because I couldn't get the auto setup work.

I have a couple of questions but want ask first about the setup for, “NOD32 Kernel – Execution of an external application”, starting on post # 90. I used copy and paste for command line settings in post # 96, and chose the commands that were NOT for v 2.5 assuming they would be for 2.7.

In post # 100 he shows an image of the scanner screen running the scan and scrolling the progress. I cannot get this. I went to Nod32 and clicked on "Run Nod32", all I got was the following image:

What have I done wrong?

I should also mention that I checked taskmanager and am sure the scan was running, and that the scanner log shows it as completed, the start and finish times are there, and no threats were found. It also shows this scheduled scan as "Waiting", is that as it should be?

Nod32 2.7 subscribed
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Attached Files:

2. DavidCo

DavidCo Registered Member

With WinXP I get that screen and then another asking what drives I wish to scan.
    What happens if you choose 'in-depth analysis'

3. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Since the command line scan was running, I did not think it wise to start any further scan at the time so, unfortunately I cannot answer your question.

I have run in-depth scan prior to installing Blackspears Extra Settings, on both XP and Vista, without problems though.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Have you tried rebooting your machine as NOD32 should go past that screen and on to the "Scanning Targets" tab once it has loaded.

Cheers :D

5. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi Blackspear,

Thank you for your reply! No, I had not rebooted, but as soon as I read your reply I did reboot, went to the weekly scan and chose "run now".

It's been running for several minutes with the the same result. It will not show me what's going on after "operating memory is ok".

Here is a copy of the scanner log while it's currently running:

Scan performed at: 5/16/2007 17:57:01 PM
    Scanning Log
    NOD32 version 2271 (20070516) NT
    Command line: /local /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+
    Operating memory - is OK
    Date: 16.5.2007 Time: 17:57:05
    Anti-Stealth technology is enabled.
    Scanned disks, folders and files: C:; D:; G:; J:

I'm also including another jpg of the Nod32 scanner log.

Thanks for your help!

Attached Files:

6. Blackspear

Please delete that weekly scan that you have made, then try running the standard On Demand Scanner:

NOD32 Control Centre> NOD32> Run NOD32> Scan and Clean.

Does the above run?

7. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Good Morning,

I've deleted the command line weekly scan I made, and invoked the Nod32 on demand scanner. It's running just fine, and showing it's progress as well as scrolling.

For what it's worth, I believe the weekly command line scanner was scanning, just not showing as such.

What should I do now?

Again, thanks for your help with this.

8. Blackspear

Try entering a new scheduled scan and show me a screenshot of the last part of the setup, where you enter the switches.

9. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Hi Blackspear,

Sorry for the delay. I recreated the scan and have it running now, with the same result. Screen shots are below. The switches I copied and pasted are the ones just below the Nod32 screen.

Attached Files:

10. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Sorry, those shots weren't very readable, and it seems I can't add a screenshot in edit, so will add one in this new post.

Attached Files:

11. swami

swami Registered Member

I had the same problem. I was missing C:\ in front of command line.

12. bornconfuzd

bornconfuzd Guest

Swami,

As I understand it, adding the c:\ at the beginning limits the scan to the c drive, while using the / includes all the hard drives.

Here's info from Blackspears Extra Settings page:

To scan MORE than ONE HARD DRIVE do NOT use C:\

Instead, use the following:

/local

I do want to scan both internal hard drives and my external.

13. Blackspear

My next suggestion is to uninstall and reinstall NOD32, as you are doing everything correctly as far as I can see.

14. Zarra

Zarra Registered Member

Bornconfuzd, I’m having the exact same problem as you with my Vista computer. Uninstalling and reinstalling Nod did not work for me but maybe it will work for you.

To solve the problem with the scheduled scan “Waiting” status add “/quit+” (without the quotation marks) at the end of the command line.

/local /adware /ah /all /antistealth+ /arch+ /clean /cleanmode /delete /heur+ /log+ /mailbox+ /ntfs+ /pack+ /quarantine /scanboot+ /scanmbr+ /scanmem+ /scroll+ /sfx+ /unsafe /unwanted /wrap+ /quit+

I was not able to find a fix to get the progress scanning screen to work but Nod is scanning so try not to worry about this too much. After the scanning is complete you can view the scanner log.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.