Black Tab Bug Revisited

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Peter2150, Apr 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I also had seen one or two instances of the Black Tab Bug on the DCS Desktop with PG. At the time didn't know about the ALT-F4 trick. Yesterday I installed both a Zone Alarm Upgrade, and all the Windows Patchs appropriate for my version of XP Pro.

Last night while experimenting with something else I noticed that now the Black Tab Bug is no longer intermittment but is appears everytime Process Guard blocks something. ALT F4 does work, Process Guard does block the program from executing, and I can go into Process Guard, and make appropriate changes, but wonder if anyone else noticed this.

Regrettably I did both upgrades before noticing. However since the ZA upgrade was really very minor, and since the problem was there before, I suspect the real culprit is the windows upgrades.

2. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Hi Peter, I have just reformatted and te-installed XP Pro + all patches, I'll watch for any such black tabs whilst adding all my programmes. :)

3. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

In trying to see about scheduled tasks re GKWEB's post, I had a bunch of the exe's that must have been replaced by the upgrade, get challenged, and now the DiamondCS desktop is working perfectly. GO figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.