Black screen then BSoD when trying to open SWB

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lmz24, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmz24

lmz24 Registered Member

Hello to all you techy wonders. This is my first post here.

My issue is that when I try to open SWB, I get a black screen then a Windows Blue screen of Death stating:

"An error has occured:
    Filename: BCMDMCCP(01)+00000175 ERROR:OD:0028:C1A42EB5"

followed by the 'press any button or press CTL+ALT+DEL'yada yada yada... message. Pressing any button brings me back to my desktop. In the past I have been able to access the software. When I first noticed the problem, I removed SWB and downloaded a new copy but to no avail. Thinking the BCMD... file may be corrupted, I replaced it with a copy from my CAB file (I am running WinME); no change. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

:D Hello again, while waiting for a response to this issue, I did much research only to come away without answers hours later, and still no reply from this forum. I got to thinking about why this BCM modem file should cause a problem and more so, why I needed the modem any longer since I connect with DSL? It was a bold move yet I decided to remove the modem, rebooted and voila!
    I am now able to open SWB and it is now protecing my computer again.

PS. If anyone out there knows any reason why I shouldn't have removed the modem, :rolleyes: Please advise.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.