Black screen then BSoD when trying to open SWB

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by lmz24, Dec 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lmz24

lmz24 Registered Member

Hello to all you techy wonders. This is my first post here.

My issue is that when I try to open SWB, I get a black screen then a Windows Blue screen of Death stating:

"An error has occured:
    Filename: BCMDMCCP(01)+00000175 ERROR:OD:0028:C1A42EB5"

followed by the 'press any button or press CTL+ALT+DEL'yada yada yada... message. Pressing any button brings me back to my desktop. In the past I have been able to access the software. When I first noticed the problem, I removed SWB and downloaded a new copy but to no avail. Thinking the BCMD... file may be corrupted, I replaced it with a copy from my CAB file (I am running WinME); no change. Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

:D Hello again, while waiting for a response to this issue, I did much research only to come away without answers hours later, and still no reply from this forum. I got to thinking about why this BCM modem file should cause a problem and more so, why I needed the modem any longer since I connect with DSL? It was a bold move yet I decided to remove the modem, rebooted and voila!
    I am now able to open SWB and it is now protecing my computer again.

PS. If anyone out there knows any reason why I shouldn't have removed the modem, :rolleyes: Please advise.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.