Black Screen After Wake From Sleep - Windows 10

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Stigg, Jul 1, 2017.

1. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

I have recently started having trouble waking one of my computers from sleep.
    It wakes up easily enough, but the screen is black, and I cannot get anything to display on the screen.

My only option so far has been to either hit the reset button or hold down the power button until it shuts down, then restart.

I have updated my video card drivers, but without any success.
    In the power settings, Fast Startup and Hibernate are disabled.

Any ideas?
    Suggestions are welcome.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I just keep my computer and monitor on because I constantly use it. Have never needed the sleep feature.

4. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

It's fixed. I am still not 100% sure what fixed it, but I now suspect a monitor connection, or some other connection.

I read a few threads about this problem, and noticed that some posts said that it could be a PSU on the way out.
    I had an older computer with a reasonably new 850 Watt Thermaltake PSU in it.

I ripped both PSUs out of my computer and the older one.
    I put the Thermaltake PSU from the older computer into my computer, but when I pushed the button, it wouldn't boot. Ahhhhggggghhh!!!! The PSU must be faulty.
    By that time, it was too late to go out and buy another PSU, so I put my PSU back in and booted it up.

The problem has never returned. It beats me. :argh:

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

What about during human sleep?!

6. Stigg

Stigg Registered Member

The handy thing about sleep is that you can put your computer into a low power state and have it ready for use within seconds.
    The problem with just leaving your computer running 24/7 is that apart from electricity usage, the fans are constantly spinning. Fans only have a finite number of running hours.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.