Bizzare Vista Update Problem

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by fredra, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    I have been using NOD for 3 yrs and this is the first time I have had this problem ... let me try to explain.
    On Vista, when I go to d/l and install updates, it crashes, NOD goes away in the systray. In the pst I would reboot, and try to update later, and it would work 1 out of 3 tries. I never gave it much thought, until the latest Vista updates (Jun 12).
    It kept crashing and nothing I did would help, so I decided to try again in the morning. Well, it d/l and installed some, but for the IE7 update it gave me errors and would not update. So I decided to turn off IMON, and viola, it d/l and installed the rest of the files.
    I have NEVER had a problem with NOD affecting the d/l of MS updates on my laptop with the latest version, but on Vista (Blackspear's settings) the updates are problematic.
    Maybe my "http" settings in IMON are too restrictive, OR there is a "high efficiency" setting that needs to be changed to "hc", but which one ... I am not sure.
    If anyone has a suggestion, pls let me know.
    P.S. My laptop with NOD/XP, did not have any problems d/l and installing updates.
    Cheers :)

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi fredra, could you try the following to see if your Windows Winsock Layer has become corrupt:

For Windows VISTA

1. Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.
    2. Click Run as administrator.
    3. Type: netsh winsock reset, and then press the ENTER key.
    4. Type: Exit and press ENTER.
    5. Restart the computer

AFTER the above please go to the NOD32 Control Centre
    Click on IMON
    Click on Start and restart IMON.

Then reboot your PC.

Cheers :D

3. fredra

fredra Registered Member

Hi
    Thank you kind Sir (wonder if they allow knighthood in Auzzie land) :)
    I will follow those instructions and let you know the results after the next "patch" Teusday.
    Your kind assistance is always appreciated.
    Cheers :)

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are welcome, let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.