Bizarre reply From Acronis Tech Support

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Red Barchetta, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

I sent Tech support an email concerning TI8 not supporting the SATA Promise 378 controller, and got the following reply:

Can someone help me with this? o_O

There is no "Administrative Tools" menu in TI8. I did a search for "Administrative tools", "Service" and "Scheduler 2" in my True Image 8 PDF help file. None of those terms even exist (except service in the EUL agreement)

The tech “help” has nothing to do with my issue. I don’t think Acronis is even reading Email at this point. I think they are randomly sending out form mail to buy time. :mad:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2004
  2. BlueZannetti

BlueZannetti Registered Member

Correct. Go to Windows Start button and follow Start>Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Services, and then follow the directions already given by Acronis.

Blue

3. Red Barchetta

Red Barchetta Registered Member

Thanks Blue,

It was set to "automatic." At any rate I can't see how this relates to my problem with TI8 hanging during restore. I don't think I can run the schedmgr.exe service during a restore from windows or the rescue CD?

I do appreciate the clarification though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.