Bizarre problems restoring RAID0 image...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pr0crastin8r, Sep 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pr0crastin8r

pr0crastin8r Registered Member

My comp was working just fine until I did a zonealarm update, which somehow caused my perfectly functional RAID0 array to fail. I built this computer a month or so ago, and made an image of the drive in a perfectly working state, with all software/drivers installed/updated. First I recreated the RAID0 array, then I loaded the Acronis boot cd. The verification and restore went flawlessly.

But now, when I boot up windows for the first time, it tries to log me on and gets caught in a loop of "loading user settings..." then "saving users settings..." then some kind of flickering, indefinitely. Loading, saving, loading, saving, loading, saving... It did this three times that I booted up, and on a fourth time the logon box just froze at "closing network connection..." and when I pressed ctrl+alt+del it launched into its loading/saving loop again.

What the heck is going on?

2. pr0crastin8r

I just restored a different image and had the same problem. It starts up and just hangs on "closing network connections"

3. pr0crastin8r

I tried restoring both images to NON RAID drive, and got the exact same problem.

My images all pass verification. I don't understand what could possibly be wrong and I haven't seen anything like this discussed here before.

I can't even boot into safe mode without the same thing happening.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2005
  4. greenworld

greenworld Guest

What version of ZoneAlarm. The 6x updates have been causing big problems for many people by affecting low level OS stuff. See the Zonelab support forum and install upgrade topics

5. pr0crastin8r

Yeah, yeah, I know that is what caused my RAID array to die in the first place. But that doesnt change the fact that when I restore images from BEFORE the upgrade, from as long as 3 weeks ago, I get the exact same problems. I have isolated that the problem with the acronis images is NOT related to zonealarm. I will look at their forums, but there is nothing they can do to help my current problem, which is with acronis or raid, and not with zonealarm.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pr0crastin8r,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please perform Windows Repair Installation as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the problem still persists then please restore your image once again and create Acronis Report in the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy;

Please also collect the following information:

- What operating system you use?

- Exact models of the hard drive and RAID controller;

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step;

Send this report and all the collected information to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.