Bitdefender

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Mortal Raptor, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mortal Raptor

Mortal Raptor Banned

I stopped using Bitdefender 2 years ago but just tried it and am very happy to see how light it has become.

I have a few questions:

1) When I went into my bitdefender account in my browser, it recommended me to install a traffic light for safe search results and malicious URL scanning. Does this mean that Bitdefender on its own does not scan browser or web traffic? (it would actually be great if it didn't and not slowed my internet which it isn't doing right now but I don't know how it works)

2) Does the Bitdefender traffic light work even if I don't have Bitdefender installed? Or does it work WITH Bitdefender? If it works independetnly then it is not a bad idea to install it for people who use other basic AVs right?

3) What is Photon technology?

4) Does Bitdefender have white listing technology as in, it wouldn't scan the same files again if they haven't been altered or changed?

5) I just tried a Quick Scan and it finished in about 7 seconds. Is this a joke or what? What is it scanning that it finishes instantly? Mind you I have performed a full local disk scan earlier this morning.

2. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.