Bitdefender Windows 8 Security

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by SevereWX, Nov 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SevereWX

SevereWX Registered Member

I just noticed a new product called Bitdefender Windows 8 Security on the Bitdefender website. I'm curious to see how it compares to their Internet Security 2013 offering, which when I tried it, it seemed feature rich, but had a noticeable impact of performance, especially with web related activities like webpages loading slower and download speeds almost 20% slower. I'm still hoping it's been reworked to give better performance, but I can't help but wonder what, if anything, I'll be gaining or losing anything by choosing a Windows 8 specific package, instead of one of their other 2013 packages that seem built for more than just one OS.

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

where do you see this i dont see it on their page? i also would like to use bitdefender as i have liked it in the past but i cant stand the heaviness of the program. otherwise it would be one of my very top picks...

edit -http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/windows-8-security.html- imo i still dont like the way it looks but it looks better then the 2013 version which i really dont like the gui on

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  3. SevereWX

SevereWX Registered Member

I know what you mean, the GUI doesn't do much for me either. I'm rather partial to the GUI used by G Data and ESET. I like to see more information on the main screen, and less cutesy icons.

Bitdefender 2013 in all its variations felt heavy, and the W8 Security feels just as heavy as its brethren, but at least it seems to be playing nicely with the (hardly used) metro apps, and the Windows Action Center actually recognizes its presence.

4. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

They really gone mad with their prices :ouch:

5. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

6. zfactor

and as far as i have seen they still have not announced if 2013 users will get a free upgrade or not. i have lic's for 2013 and i would consider this if i knew it was a free upgrade for sure as im now in the market for a new av as my last vendor let me down big time and im currently requesting refunds for them.

7. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

This is bizarre. It's going to confuse users no end. The Bitdefender 2013 range is already Windows 8 compatible, so why bring out a specific Windows 8 version?

Just tested it and it accepts Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 serial codes, which means it's just a re-designed IS 2013.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Exactly what i thought, they just changed the GUI. :D

9. VectorFool

VectorFool Registered Member

can this be installed on Windows 7 too?
    or is it exclusive to 8?

seems like a bizarre case of the lock being more expensive than the chest :p

10. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

and charge an extra $5.

According to a reply by Bitdefender on their Facebook page:

11. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Sorry, I have no idea.

12. darts

darts Registered Member

No only on Windows 8 , they also put a few new things in this version as a scanboast , early start scan etc

13. chriswiles

chriswiles Registered Member

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! The main feature and it seems too be an important one is that Bitdefender kicks in on the boot up process protecting your system...specific to Windows 8 boot protocol. Well...like all purchasing decisions it's the buyers's call. And with Black Friday almost here prices...like the Dow Jones...are sure to fall rapidly. I for one haven't yet migrated to Windows 8...and I'll be very cautious in doing so...since Windows 7...is working Super Fine on my system. I'd be more interested to know how many Wilderites...have made the move to Windows 8...or are planning on doing so? Sorry...I digress...fodder for a new thread. Bitdefender is a superb product...hopefully it's shed some bulk...and isn't as buggy...as previous editions. Happy Windows 8. Sincerely...Securon

15. Macstorm

Is it Black Friday yet? Got stumped with these low prices :p

BD AV Plus 2013 (1pc) $5.95
    BD AV Plus 2013 (3pc) $12.95
    BD IS 2013 (1pc) $14.95
    BD IS 2013 (3pc) $19.95
    BD TS 2013 (1pc) $19.95
    BD TS 2013 (3pc) $29.95
    BD W8 Security (1pc) $19.95
    BD W8 Security (3pc) $24.95
    BD AV Mac (1pc) $29.95
    BD AV Mac (3pc) $39.95
    http://store.downloadcrew.com/?act=search&brand=325

16. siketa

siketa Registered Member

No, these prices are there for some time now...;)

17. VectorFool

If the BD Windows 8 Security accepts the BD IS 2013 license key why would anyone pay more for the BD Windows 8 Security?

18. zfactor

but has it been verified it takes the 2013 lic yet??

19. VectorFool

^^chriswiles tested it withe the BD IS 2013 license

20. Macstorm

:D

Trialing the AV on my Win8 laptop for a day now (had to uninstall my GData AV first) and feel it a bit heavy even compared with the twin-engined GData, however I'll wait a little to see if it's worth to keep it.

21. chabbo

chabbo Registered Member

Bitdefender 2013 takes "scheduled scanning" to a whole new level, as the scanning only takes place when your system is idle.

EXCLUSIVE Early Start-up Scanner - Bitdefender is integrated with the Windows Security Center and constantly keeps you informed of the security status of your PC.
    EXCLUSIVE Scan Boost Technology - Experience the antivirus product you've always sought - high scanning speed, top antimalware protection and a streamlined experience.
    EXCLUSIVE Proactive App Scanner - Automatically analyses your Windows 8 apps and notifies you when one has been compromised
    EXCLUSIVE Security Info - Prevents dangerous malware from infecting your computer at Windows 8 startup, using ELAM technology.

http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/windows-8-security.html

* the product can be installed ONLY on Windows 8;

pic here http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?act=announce&f=196&id=54

would it be better to use this one for W8 only or bitdefender internet security 2013?

22. quanzi_1507

quanzi_1507 Registered Member

Thread already existed?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=336289

Since it is specifically designed for Windows 8 it would be better to use BD Windows 8 Security IMO.

I heard that you can use Bitdefender IS 2013 serial for Bitdefender Windows 8 Security, even though the latter costs more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.