BitDefender V9.5 - update problems under WinME

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kdcdq, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Hello all,

I was one of the many "lucky" folks using BitDefender V9 that was automatically upgraded to V9.5 today via BD's update facility. The V9.5 release of/for BD Standard and BD Professional now scan for spyware.

BD V9.5 works fine on all four of my WinXP Home systems. It DOESN'T work fine on my WinME system! On this system, BD boots up normally and works just fine until it trys to auto-update or I manually force BD to update. The update process takes WAY TO LONG and then I start geting many different system error messages; WinME then dies a horrible death.

My question is: is anyone else experiencing this same problemo_O And, no, I haven't posted this problem to the folks at BD yet; I was going to wait & see if others here at Wilders are having the same problem.

Thanks in advance,
    KDCDQ

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Perhaps you should contact BD support, I haven't seen anything like this on a 98SE system (my cousin's).....though he has not updated to V9.5 yet:doubt:

I knew it! I knew it! It just HAD to happen, because a part of the spyware database was already there in BD Pro's updates (it was incomplete though). w00t! :D

Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.