BitDefender V10 files dated 2/7 - new build?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kdcdq, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

I noticed that our friends at BitDefender has "new" product install files for their V10 products that are all dated 2/7/06 (example at http://download.bitdefender.com/windows/desktop/antivirus/final/en/).

Question: Does anyone know if these new install files are new product builds, or are they just "repackaged" files of build 247?

Thanks in advance.

2. tec505

tec505 Registered Member

It's Vista compatible release: 10.2

Nothing else. No new features.

Best Regards. Mike

3. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

I think kdcdq is referring to the new installer released on 07 Feb 2007. This is the 3rd updated installer for 10.2 since it was released in late Jan 2007. I am also curious to know if there is any fix in the new installer.

4. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

Those are new packages for v 10.2 and what problem needed to be fixed in the installer ?

Maybe it is a problem I don't know about.

5. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Chubb, that is EXACTLY what I am trying to find out about. And you are exactly right about the Feb 07 files being the 3rd updated installer for 10.2.

I am going to install the "latest" release of AV+ 10.2 tonight on one of my machines and see what build number shows.......

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

automatic updates should bring any updates for the software, whether its signatures or updates to the build, i recommend you dont waste your time downloading it :)

7. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Yes, it was first released on 22 Jan, then updated on 29 Jan and then further updated on 7 Feb.

I tried it today. :D It is still showing 10.2 Build 247. So maybe it is some fix on the installer itself or some signature addition.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.