Bitdefender Safepay is released

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by camarie, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Nonsense! If you read my original post, you can use a free VPN in conjunction with BD Safepay! You can pay for the integrated VPN feature but you don't have to!

2. itman

itman Registered Member

From the Trusteer Rapport web site FAQ section:

3. Victek

Victek Registered Member

I'm not sure what you're talking about. JerryM made reference to the Bitdefender statement that the paid version of Safepay protects in the open wifi environment. The reason for that is the paid version is actually a VPN subscription. It is the VPN that protects open wifi connections. I don't see what that has to do with your comment that there are also free VPN services. You are quite right though that Free Safepay can be used with any other VPN service - free or paid - and be just as secure.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  4. itman

itman Registered Member

5. ZeroDay

ZeroDay Registered Member

I agree, Bitdefender have a fantastic webshield.

6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, itman,

I had Trusteer for awhile, but it seemed to interfere with something, I had KIS and Avast Pro on the two computers, so I removed it.
    I can not say for sure that Trusteer caused the problems, but when I removed it the problems went away. I do not remember what the problems were.o_O

Jerry

7. itman

itman Registered Member

I loved the browser protection Trustee Rapport gave. And it had minimal to zero impact on my system performance wise. However after the incident I will relate below, I got rid of it as fast as possible. BTW - I ran their uninstaller tool which I found is the only way to get rid of most of it. Afterwards I still had crud from it in the registry, hidden and non-hidden drivers, etc. I had to delete/uninstall manually.

When I installed EAM, it was conflicting with TR. Nothing serious but something I thought Trusteer should know about. So I created a trouble report with the TR software. That was a major, major mistake. Not only does TR upload their entire software footprint of your PC, I beleive they scan your entire system and upload info on that. Now I verified my event log times to ensure the following was a result of that data upload. The next day and every day thereafter, I had about 30 inbound unsolicted connections by svchost.exe from various Amazon servers blocked by the WIN 7 firewall at cold boot time. Trusteer uses Amazon servers exclusively. This went on for about two weeks and finally stopped when I removed TR.This activity was not TR updates; it uses it's own .exes for that.

Good riddence to you, Trusteer Rapport!

8. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Are there further tests? :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.