BitDefender Rescue CD questions and issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mbav, Aug 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbav

mbav Registered Member

Hi, I downloaded the BitDefender Rescue CD from here and burned it to a CD. I'm able to boot up using the CD and it seems to work but I noticed several strange issues and was wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues. or if it's something I'm doing wrong.

1. It "freezes" on the fire/water dragon background image for a very long time (around 5-6 minutes) when it boots up. Not sure what it's doing at this point but the hard drive and CD lights flash like crazy so it must be doing something.
    2. When it finally gets past the dragon it starts the update. I was expecting it to download something but wow, it downloads a TON of files. I have a fast internet connection and it takes around 7-8 minutes or so to finish downloading everything. Just seems a little odd.
    3. I have two monitors. The monitor connected to DVI flashes erratically so I have to switch it off. Not a biggie, just odd as well.
    4. It stores log files in Windows 7's hidden system partition. Groan.

It also resets the computer's clock to UTC but I've seen other posts with this issue so I know I'm not alone on this one.

Anyone else seeing the same general behavior described above? I also use AVG and Kaspersky's rescue CD's and both products boot up much quicker and the downloads are much faster. Maybe the version of Linux BitDefender uses (Xubuntu I think) isn't playing well with my hardware?

Thanks!

2. itman

itman Registered Member

I created it on a USB drive and saw all of the above.

I dumped it in favor of Windows Defender Offline. Clean boot with no isssues and quick updating and scanning. Plus its better at cleaning some nasty viruses like Sality that BitDefender chokes on.

3. TheKid7

TheKid7 Registered Member

I have noticed the reset of the Windows clock to UTC.

4. mbav

mbav Registered Member

Thanks for the tip, I'll check it out.

5. nsm0220

nsm0220 Registered Member

never happen to me when i use it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.