Bitdefender & Refund

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Jan 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Hi,
    How good & prompt Bitdefender is in terms of offering refund? o_O

It deduced 50 USD from my card automatically as auto-renewal, which I didn't want. I missed their notification mail. I asked for a refund 16 hours back and still got no reply. :ninja:

2. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

Check in their facebook page. I have seen them replying pretty fast.

3. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

a client of mine was setup with bd through another local computer shop and they got him with the auto renew. he has fought with them (bd) as well as the computer shop who installed it and never told him for almost 3 months now and still has had no refund. i know because we just installed wsa about a week ago. he came in because he hated the bd and the shop he formally used REFUSED to remove it for him they only sell bd and trend micro. they told him if he doesnt use one of those two he may as well just go ahead and infect the computer himself because nothing else works.. amazing what some shops tell people. anyway good luck

4. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

@KaptainBug: I contacted them via Facebook and they replied quickly. Now they told me that they have processed the refund and that I should receive it in my card in 5-6 days.

5. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

The same thing here (India) works with Quick Heal.

6. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Wouldn't the credit card company have gone to bat for you?

7. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

I think they will but I wish that it won't proceed that far.

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

Oh yeah that darn auto-renew from Avantguard. I had about 30 Bitfender IS license last year from that pricing glitch. I got 3 emails saying that I would be owing $600-ish by Feb 2. I quickly went and turned off the auto-renew on all the licenses. I'm pretty sure I had done that when I bought them a year ago.

9. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Autorenew, autoquarantine ... Bitdefender is like real malware. :ninja:

10. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Deceiving customers is the rule of modern day bussiness. Such companies deserve to fail IMO.

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

I had 6days left and bought 150keys. I was going to be charged around 5grand for renew. Until I stopped it.

12. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

Same here. :)

13. sg09

sg09 Registered Member

They refunded my money. :)

14. KaptainBug

KaptainBug Registered Member

15. vallinayagam

vallinayagam Registered Member

Bitdefender & Avangate ethics - auto-renewal

Dear friends,
    I am new to this forum.I have purchased the bit defender software at the time of 03.02.13 through my bank account and also I bought it for one time access only . That time I bought it for some offer and I don’t know about these things will happen like this. But without any intimation the bit defender peoples did the auto renewal of the software and deducted the amount of 49.95$ from my account .
    just bought the software.but i did not used it. so I sent the mail to refund my amount . Also without my knowledge this thing happened .
    Even I don’t know about the auto renewal, I didn’t give any such things. This thing was done automatically by the Bit defender people only so kindly give some suggestion to get back that amount. Am working in a small scale company only so that amount is big thing for my family and the whole family is depends on me only.
    Based on this amount I have planned for lot of commitments and my loan dues are in pending So I need the refund as soon as possible so kindly give some suggestions and solutions to solve this issue. Thanks in advance.

16. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Re: Bitdefender & Avangate ethics - auto-renewal

Well here you go.:)

17. DoctorPC

DoctorPC Banned

Credit cards are the grand protection for consumers.

Chase is especially good - and has strong consumer protection. For example I got something that was defective, Chase 'fitness' guarantee covered it, and they instantly refunded me. One time I had a vendor refuse to issue a refund, filed a dispute, and Chase gave me a refund a few minutes later, and resolved it.

Paypal is NOT very good - and actually reduces your protections. I strongly discourage people from using Paypal as it tends to put vendors into the drivers seat, especially for virtual goods. Always best to go straight to credit card companies, bypassing the middle man. In the case of Bit Defender, I'd of just disputed it. They will learn to stop doing this if they keep getting chargebacks, and chargeback fees.

18. WildMickey

WildMickey Registered Member

:mad:

Avangate does keep doing online software business which is not ethically till 2014 now. They are looking for non-ethical revenues coming from those peoples who are busy and not having time or knowledge as to go through the $ refund lengthy process designed by Avangate on purpose.

Allow me to concur others said on Wilderssecurity, Avangate is indeed a Malware online entity and should be disabled by OJC Online-Justice-Court some other days due to:

1) Avangate people quite some time did the auto renewal of the software license as a default setting while you were buying their products online.
    2) In past, Avangate did not send out email notice to reconfirm with online Customers regarding the status of "Auto-renewal" setting.
    3) I bought IObit Advanced SystemCare three years (2011) ago and got auto-renewal without my intimation in 2012. I took quite some time asking my card company to bat for me, finally got the refund via lengthy disputes with both Avangate and IObit back and forth.
    4) Having known that Avangate is likely a Malware online entity, I disable their online transaction rights with the help of my card company.

The last but not least, Avangate is still keeping sending out "Auto-Renewal" notice to me via harassment emails from year to year till now on Mar-29-2014. I cannot agree more that you can login onto their FB page, if you were net treated right or had ever been entrapped by their "Auto-renewal" Malware online.

WildMickey

19. Mirabela

Mirabela Registered Member

Re: Bitdefender & Avangate ethics - auto-renewal

Hello, Vallinayagam,

We are very sorry for this situation.
    We are trying our best to notify the clients about the auto-renewal:
    1. When they make the initial purchase like you see in this screenshot:
    http://i.imgur.com/wyERQ.jpg?1?4913
    2. With a reminder e-mail 7 days before the money withdraw with clear instructions on how to cancel this process.
    3. With a confirmation e-mail of the purchase.

Also, our 30 days money back guarantee policy is available for new purchases only. But, if you send us a mail at bitsy at bitdefender dot com, we will do our best to help you solve this situation as soon as possible.

20. FeralVirus

FeralVirus Registered Member

About 4 years ago I had to jump through hoops to get a refund. And I had notified them two days in advance. Apparently not early enough. In any case I have used other products since then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.