BitDefender online scan problems

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by BlackSwan, Mar 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlackSwan

BlackSwan Registered Member

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this question and I apologise beforehand if it isn't. :)

I'm using AVG Free Edition and am very happy with it, but because I've been receiving a lot of infected e-mails lately, someone suggested the BitDefender online scanner as a "second opinion". I went to the relevant page, let it download all its controls and stuff, and then it scanned the PC as expected. So far so good.

The trouble is it won't run a second time no matter what. It gets stuck to the phase where it verifies the latest virus definitions and that's it. The only way to use the online scanner again is to delete the Active-X control it places in the DPF folder and the folder it creates in Windows, so it can download the controls again and be able to scan.

Is that a known bug or am I doing something wrong? I usually clear the IE cache and delete the cookies at the end of each day, but since the BitDefender controls are already downloaded into the PC, shouldn't it be able to use those in order to scan again? I even tried running a second scan immediately after the first one had finished, but no luck. :doubt:

Any and all enlightenment greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    BS :)

2. BlackSwan

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Black Swan,

I recommend using the onlinefeed back from Bitdefender ;)

regards.

paul

4. BlackSwan

OK Paul, thanks for the info and the link. :)

BS

5. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

My pleasure - and please keep us posted ;)

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.