BitDefender Issue or normal reaction

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by gery, Jun 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gery

gery Registered Member

recently i have been using BIS and have run into some sort of activity which i do not know if it is normal.Almost every other day when it updates it requires reboot. I find it a bit embarrassing though but is this normal ?

2. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

It should only be the first 2 or so times that it does that. After the initial updates then it should only prompt for reboots after a product update rather than definitions update. I was recently using BD Total Security 2011 and noticed similar behavior when first trying it out. How many times would you say the program has prompted you to reboot so far after updates and reboots?

3. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

Bitdefender still has a bug that in some PCs the BD service crashes several times and needs a Reboot to initialize again.
    Did you run a clean installation of BD ?

4. gery

gery Registered Member

yes totally clean.immediately after window vista install

5. hckyo

hckyo Registered Member

jeje Win vista + BD = too much resource usage .... you should view the BD update configuration, maybe theres something strange there, like reboot after updates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.