BitDefender is out of BETA and ready to download

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by EsoxLucius, Jan 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

BitDefender for Vista is officialy launched today at http://www.bitdefender.com/vista/

Release info:

The Release date is: January 22, 2007

Products for Windows Vista are:
    BitDefender Antivirus v10
    BitDefender Antivirus Plus v10
    BitDefender Internet Security v10

Version: 10.2.4
    Language: English

More info: http://www.bitdefender.com/vista
    FAQ: http://promo.bitdefender.com/faq.php

System requirements are enclosed in system_requirements-bitdefender10.2(vista).txt attached to the topic.

Download locations for the products are on the site.

Attached Files:

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

Thanks, but it seems the BD site is down for the moment, maybe being updated for new Vista info? I cannot access the BD site!! :'(

3. Crappopotamus

Crappopotamus Registered Member

Good deal!

4. cdr

cdr Registered Member

This might be a silly question, but for those of us who don't know and who are using BitDefender AV 10, is this new version something we should download and install? I am using Windows XP Home Edition SP2, with no intention of getting VISTA at the moment. The current version 10 is working very well, and I really like it. Thanks!:)

5. dcdc

dcdc Registered Member

The question by cdr is a good one.

I do not use Bit Defender (NIS 2006 instead), but I would be interested in knowing in general if Bit Defender and other programs as well that are allegedly Vista-ready would be backwards compatible with Windows XP with NO problems to deal with.

Like cdr and no doubt many others, whether they are concerned with security issues or not, I have no intention on upgrading to this latest expensive and no doubt heavily bug-infested OS from Microsoft for at least a couple of years, maybe longer. I don't see that I have anything to gain but a load of time consuming headaches with very little upside in compensation. If Windows Defender's lackluster performance is any indication of how serious Redmond is about computer security, I would guess Vista will still be an open 'window' for malware despite the new OS's functional improvements over Windows XP.

6. EsoxLucius

Site's FAQ says:

also the new version 10.2 is compatible with MS Windows XP, but if you already own a license to a BitDefender 9 or Bitdefender 10 for XP the migration to the BitDefender 10.2 for Vista is free using your previous serial. All you have to do is uninstall the older versions and install the BitDefender v.10.2.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2007
  7. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Does the new version 10.2 have any new features for users of Windows XP and Windows Vista over v10.0 or is Vista support the only change?

8. EsoxLucius

There aren't any new features just bug fixes for this version and the compatibility with Vista.

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Won't BitDefender 10.0 upgrade automatically to 10.2 via regular automatic updates within the program?

10. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I downoaded the so called 10.2 version,but when I checked the about in settings it still says its v10 and the build is 247 is this the correct version? or has 10.2 just a different build number? I'm running xp pro and according to these and bitdefender site it is compatible with xp,but why doent it show as 10.2 like it should do? o_O

11. EsoxLucius

@Firecat

I don't know yet if there will be any update from 10 to 10.2, but I doubt it because there are alot of files changed and it too difficult to implement it all in some updates. But since I can ask around I shall answer you later this day.

@DVD+R

The version is 10 in all the new downloads, but I asure you that the build 247 states that you have the correct version (10.2). Maybe the next updates will bring a correction to the interface.

12. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i haven't used bitdefender much...but i wanted to ask abt its av and especially its As....how good are they??

13. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

@ Legendkiller

up there with the best on both counts.....

14. Legendkiller

thx...just tried av+ and its working very nicely.

15. EsoxLucius

AntiSpyware will become soon enough more powerfull and also the firewall.

16. cdr

cdr Registered Member

I, also, just purchased and installed BD AV Plus v.10 on my desktop, and it is working very well. One very useful feature that I like very much is the option to have BD automatically shut down the computer after it completes an on-demand scan! I don't know if other av programs do this, but this allows me to run a full, in-depth scan anytime, knowing that it will shut down by itself when finished!

17. Legendkiller

kaspersky does it for one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.