Bitdefender IS 2013 + Windows Defender + Zemana Antilogger Realtime

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by whizkidraj, Jan 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whizkidraj

whizkidraj Registered Member

Hello all,
    My Operating System is Windows 8 Pro (64-bit) 4GB RAM.
    And currently having Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 in realtime protection. But I also wanted to add another antivirus which can run alongside with bitdefender internet security 2013.
    So as my OS is genuine I wanted to run Windows Defender in realtime along with BIS 2013 and also Zemana AntiLogger in realtime protection.
    So please guide me on how to set the exclusions for these 3 program's processes so that there should not be any conflict or lagg in my system and it should run smoothly with all 3 i.e Bitdefender Internet Security 2013, Windows Defender latest and Zemana AntiLogger in realtime protection.
    And also advice if this combo is very strong and if it wouldn't cause any type of harm to my system.

2. whizkidraj

or if not Windows Defender then what about Webroot SecureAnywhere Antivirus
    in place of windows defender
    as I've read that it can be run along with any antivirus or internet security suite

3. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

use Bitdefender Internet Security 2013 alone.. adding others would be overload;)

4. chinook9

chinook9 Registered Member

Don't know if what you want to do can work. BitDefender is known to have more compatibility problems than most anti-virus.

Not sure what browser you use, but you will probably get better protection by using KeyScrambler and a HIPS.

5. itman

itman Registered Member

Windows Defender is primarily anti-spyware software. I also question its effectiveness. I ran it for a while when I originally installed WIN 7 and it never caught anything. Most Internet Security suites have better anti-spyware protection and most turn-off Windows Defender at their installation time.

Both Zemana Antilogger free and paid should run fine with BitDefender. The paid version of Zemana gives you silent HIPS protection along with Anti-SSL logger protection to block man-in-the-middle attacks.

6. whizkidraj

Ok now I know and also read that I can only use BitDefender Internet Security 2013 and cannot use other companion antiviruses like Webroot with it, so np about that.
    Now please have a look at these settings of mine i.e
    BitDefender Internet Security 2013 with Zemana AntiLogger both realtime protection ON
    and see if they are fine -
    http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/5882/setting1.jpg
    http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/8508/setting2.jpg
    http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/3821/setting3.jpg

I searched if zemana anti-logger is compatible with BitDefender in realtime protection and got the answer easily here -
    http://www.zemana.com/product/antilogger/overview/ (Click on Compatibility and Requirements).
    So now using BitDefender Internet Security 2013 + Zemana AntiLogger both realtime protection with the above settings done.

And a FINAL Task Manager view to see if there's no much consumption of memory (Do comment on this if it looks fine or if a bit heavy on resources) -
    http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/9117/taske.jpg
    I think everything's fine now. No more heavy RAM usage or anything wrong in settings and exclusions. Right ?
    :)

7. southcat

southcat Registered Member

Hello. You might wanna add in Malwarebytes Anti Malware, it is quite good to run along with anti virus and itself is good also. I will advise you drop Windows Defender and get MBAM pro. Then you are covered pretty well.:)

8. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Only use BIS and you'll be fine. If you want more just add mbam pro and you can also use Zemana AL. I would recommend only WSA if you want another AV to company BIS.

9. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

O-O-O-O-OVERKILL!

10. waters

waters Registered Member

i have bitdefender pro ,but use bitdefender free and Zemana AntiLogger together.no problems and even lighter than just the paid bitdefender

11. whizkidraj

ok guys thank you all for ur valuable comments and advices. I'm now satisfied and having no problems using Bitdefender Internet security 2013 and zemana anti logger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.