BitDefender IS 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by mllopes, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mllopes

mllopes Registered Member

Hi to all
    I just received 4 licenses for bitdefender IS 2010 and i must say its a very good suite, i have a 3 valid KIS 2010 licenses but i installed Bitdefender and i have to say its very very light, almost not noting that its running.
    His parental control is very good i can receive an e-mail telling me what my kids have seen when in internet, also can control kids pc from my desktop pc, i am very happy with it and going to let it be at my 4 pcs at home.

2. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Awesome.
    Don't forget to post when services will stop responding and GUI will crash.... :)

3. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Why do people post things like this. Makes no sense its like people want reinforcement on there choice they made, Am I missing something ?

4. mllopes

i put it just because i want it to put it thats all, i dont need no one to tell em if its a good choice or not i can evaluate that myself, i could also put that KIS is very good because it is, etc etc, i just want to give my opinion about it thats all

5. Fajo

Fajo Registered Member

Ok. Just a FYI also please don't think I'm disgusted or anything. I was just mainly curious why people make post like this, I came off sounding rude. So my Apology to you.

6. mllopes

OK no problem i understood;)

7. CogitoTesting

CogitoTesting Registered Member

Makes no sense it's like people want reinforcement of their faults or errors they made, Am I missing something ? :D

8. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

If these things don't happen reasonably soon will you by a licence for PC 4?

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Are you missing something? In this case perhaps. You were quite complimentary of the BitDefender engine in your TrustPort postings.;)

10. dews

dews Registered Member

Oh "maybe" it is good but their detection to protect against malware is not superior.

11. I had this on a my wife's desktop and it is like trying to stop water with a butterfly net. its not that good. just from personal experience. I ditched it and went with Avast home edition and a layer of Prevx 3.0 and strong hips firewall Outpost Pro. No intrusions or infections for 10 months now (knock on wood)

12. icr

icr Registered Member

The products is really good in detecting known and unknown malware anything hardly went to it when I tested BDIS 2010 with many samples that I collected for months. That might be the reason why other products have use BD engine.

But over time it is still buggy and as mentioned vsserv.exe and other services not responding becomes common. Their forum support is also not that good.

13. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

I had BIS 2010 too. It was on for about 2 months max, after that the incessant vsserv.exe crashes got better of me.
    Contacted support they told me to uninstall and re-install. It works for a few weeks then it again went to its old ways. I gave up !!!

14. icr

icr Registered Member

Yeah this one is the most common answer given by them not for 2010 products but even for earlier versions.
    Its only time when BD will again be reliable.

15. mllopes

Well i can only speak for myself and till now i have none of those occurrences, it is working flawless and did not see any service problem lets wait and see time will tell if i go back to kaspersky again, but till now i am satisfied

16. icr

icr Registered Member

Well All the best to you for your stint with BD.
    Hope it serves you well.
    Good Day:thumb: :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.