BitDefender IS 2008 dying with BitTorrent

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by scirious, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scirious

scirious Registered Member

Peopla, has anyone expirenced this behaviour?

At the beginning of the night everything was fine, no fix recomened. I let Azureus running over night and, in the morning I noticed that almost every protection had died. Lots of fix recomended and no internet conection.

2. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Re: BitDefender IS 2008 dieing with BitTorrent

Well I just had a similar experience although not with bittorrent. I was simply browsing amazon.com when vsserv.exe reported an error and stopped. All protection where disable at that point. I suspect it is the HTTP scanning that is in cause but not 100% sure.

Doing a Fix all issues alone didn't help, but manually restarting the service and the doing Fix all Issues did the job.

Hopefully bitdefender received the autogenerated crash report and will find what went wrong.

Kin

3. Abeltje

Abeltje Registered Member

I just trialed Bitdefender 2008 IS for a few minutes. I was wondering why it was SO light when I was opening applications and stuff until I discovered that also vsserv.exe was not existent anymore. I don't really see this as a good sign for a quality of this suite ...

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

A similar thing happened last year with BitDefender 10. It will get better over time. ;)

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I dont think so. They have a loooong way to go yet.

6. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

the new bitdefender does have issues with a few things, there is no denying this, but to boycott a company is just stupid, you need to look beyond the little problems and look at the technology to see a companys true-presense in the market.

7. lodore

lodore Registered Member

I think softwin should of done some more beta testing with bitdefener 2008 before it went public.
    same thing happerned with version 10.
    but it wont be long till the bugs are ironed out.
    lodore

8. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

in a way, i agree.

every version does seem to have bugs, not with security, just the software in general, but im sure they will iron them out quite quickly aswell.

9. druidvev

druidvev Registered Member

Does your motherboad have a NVDIA chipset? In case it does, please check if you installed the firewall shipped with the motherboard. If so, disable it and try again.

C.

10. scirious

scirious Registered Member

No, I don't have a motherboard with a NVIDIA chipset. It is an Intel chipset. And it doesn't have any other firewall besides BD 2008.

11. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

A new build just came out today through autoupdate, 11.0.11. Hopefully it fixed that problem :)

Kin

12. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

it added the privacy function to protect data, email, name, address etc etc.

also added ;update now' to the right click of the taskbar icon.

probably a few bug fixes too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.