BitDefender AV+ to AVG Internet Security..maybe

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by kdcdq, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdcdq

kdcdq Registered Member

Hello all,

First of all, let me say that I have been VERY HAPPY with BitDefender AntiVirus Plus for the last three years. The systems that I have been running it on are all malware-free (knock on wood), I like the BD GUI, I haven't had any of the problems with BD that other regular posters in this forum have reported, and the price is right.

BUT......

Let's face it, BD Total Security doesn't look at all promising (I'm trying to be kind). Right now, and for the next two days, the local Fry's Electronics is selling both BD ISS and AVG ISS for $50 each, and each product has $50 in rebates (I know, I know, the rebates may never come).

I am already running AVG AntiMalware on one system (my wife's home computer), and it has served us well. However, I am not at all happy with AVG's update frequency compared to the many daily updates (often several times an hour) with BD.

The bottom line:
    AVG Internet Security seems to have a strong following here at Wilders, and I can't remember the last time that I saw anyone bad-mouth this product.

Please help me feel good about switching to AVG ISS or tell me why to stay with the BD products.

Thanks in advance,
    KDCDQ

2. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

It seems like you have already answered your own question. If you like BD that much then I really don't see why you should change to AVG.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2007
  3. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

Avg gets better and better and better! Not sure of BD never used it u can always check AV comparitives! :rolleyes: I use Avg free did have the suite on thou but like the light'ness of free, i know its kept lots of friends clean too AVG its great in the trojan area, and most of all free :)

4. Graystoke

Graystoke Registered Member

kdcdq

I tried BD Total Security and didn't like it. I'm running AVG-AntiMalware trial version at this time and like it. I have it set to check for updates every hour. I believe AVG IS uses the same engine as AVG-AM. The experts will correct me on that if I'm wrong. I've never tried it, so I don't know what the firewall is like. Give it a try and see how you like it.

5. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Hello,
    as far as i know there is few package options for bitdefender 2008.f.
    you should still be able to get the AV plus version.
    the total secuirty is just a different package.
    like example norton does norton 360 with the crap and also norton internet secuirty 2007.
    so dont be to quick to judge.
    lodore

6. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you want simplicity and ease of use then avg internet security is perfect. Its what i recommend to most people who don't have much computer knowledge. It ain't the most secure but for the average user its great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.