Bitdefender AV 2011 Discussion

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by whitedragon551, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

It does for those of us who don't have the ability to have the latest pc's and latest upgrades. 2/3 of my active use machines have less then a gig of ram.

2. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I will let you in on a little "hint" for 2012. Bitdefender gets revamped. Completely.;)

3. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

RAM upgrades are the easiest to be made by any PC user.If you are for example using a PC for playing games (online) you cant stay with 512 megs in 2010.Since i had my first PC i knew RAM is never enough.

PC games always kept me upgraded and it s ok ,more RAM means less HDD swap usage increased response time in any activiity.

MORE RAM = BETTER performance and less HDD stress.If you dont have the money to take some RAM sticks from a friend ,for less money than new ,don t espect the whole world to wait for you.Sure they can optimze the RAM usage but what s the point.If i have 3 Gigs of ram and my av uses 500 instead of 300 i loose nothing.
    Or you can choose not to use AV software and RAM usage goes down.

Are you sure there are not leftovers from previous AV-s or some active ihfections in those machines ?
    What firewall are you using ?
    BD like many other AV-s (AVG ,Kaspersky ,F-Prot) has low tolerance to other AV products ,even if they do not specify compatibility problems nowhere.
    On the other hand BD behaves random doing ok on some configurations or not working on others.
    Also if the RAM you re using is slow it can be a factor.
    I ve had it installed on a machine with 4Gigs of Corsair DDR2 -1T command rate ,AMD X3 720 BE at 3Ghz and 32 megs cache WD 640 HDD black ,ATI 5770 ,X-FI , XP SP 3 latest updates.
    In my opinion BD 2011 is better than BD 2010/2009/2008 resource usage wise
    I m talking about the AV not about the other bloated all in one versions .

4. whitedragon551

whitedragon551 Registered Member

Sig shows everything Im using. Top line is OS based, middle line is real time, bottom line is on demand only with the exception of DynDNS, that is tied into my router. This laptop is used for gaming and school work. There is no way it has been infected.

5. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

So is Panda still installed ?
    I used XP as i told you maybe the X64 implementation for W7 is not as good.

LE:
    MBAM pro still installed along BD ?
    To many security software along for BD to work smooth in my opinion.BD has 2 modules for enhanced virus detection disable those (AVS is enabled by default if i remember corectly ) and see what happens.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  6. whitedragon551

Guess you failed to read MBAM is on demand scans ONLY. Panda wasnt installed, but its back now.

7. eugene91

eugene91 Registered Member

The last time I tried BitDefender 2011 AV when it was on giveaway from v3 as well.. made my laptop boot slow.. and when it runs a scan.. its very very unusable..

8. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I think you should remove all security software and run uninstall tools to test BD.
    In case you really want it.After you do that reinstall the firewall and see what happens.
    You say Mbam Pro and then on demand.I see no meaning for that why wiould you have MBAM pro if you only do on demand.
    As for the Panda i dont know ,i have a licence for the AV and i m not using it because it simply crap ,services that don t start or that don t close at machine turn off .
    BD is light years in front of Panda even when bugged.
    Anyway this version 2011 finally works ,so everybody that is interested should try it.
    The start up is indeed slower than Avast or Norton for example.
    Scaning was done fast on my 640 HDD ,faster than KAV for example.

9. whitedragon551

If you cant comprehend On Demand scanners then please dont give me advice on what I should do.

Now back to BD AV 2011.

10. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

?!

Thats what i was talking about ,but "if you can t comprehend" that BD needs a "clean" OS ,no problemo ,you ain t gonna get it working on your PC.

11. whitedragon551

Ok so let me go reinstall my OS just to test BD out lulz. :rolleyes:

12. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Who said to reinstalll OS ?! :)

13. whitedragon551

You did. You said "clean". MBAM and BD are not conflicting programs and they dont scan for the same types of malware. There shouldnt be an issue anywhere. There also shouldnt be an issue with AV and a firewall as they also are not even close to the same thing.

14. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

I think we have problems understanding eachother.Clean as in geting rid of the other security software you have over there ,including removal of leftovers with uninstall tools.After you get BD installed you can research if your problem persist.
    And i m not telling anything new this is the way you get BD working (and many others) , if you re lucky.
    Now have fun with your thread ,your way of talking annoys me.

15. whitedragon551

Thats how I always uninstall the software along with checking for left over drivers in the system32/drivers folder and the syswow64/drivers folder. Its not rocket science and BD still lags and its still bloated.

Regardless this isnt about getting BD to work. Im not interested in a company that cant make a solid piece of software that requires the end user to jump through hoops to get it functional.

16. Kevin523

Kevin523 Registered Member

I got the free license for Bitdefender AV 2010 from V3 Store and I have to say it's been working great for me so far. Retail price for Bitdefender doesn't seem that high to me - but I liked the promotion better. :) Anyway I've never had that many issues with Bitdefender products. The only issue I had is in the 2010 suite game mode wouldn't initialize. I think Bitdefender is pretty light and has great detection. There are also numerous definition updates throughout the day.

17. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

Correct! That's why they lease their engine to a bunch of other AV vendors. :thumb:

18. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Something to keep my eye on then.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.