BitDefender AntiVirus v10 And DNS Error

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I actually had to install and uninstall this BitDefender v10, 3 or 4 times before I was convinced that it was the root of the problem. I would get very slow page opening, to the point where I closed Internet Explorer cause it was taking so long to open a website, then opening IE again only to find I would get a DNS Failure plastered into my broweser page instead of a website, or even just the Word "Resolver". I had to restart my computer several times an hour, just to get my Connection to IE back. At first I thought it was because I upgraded to IE7 but its not the case. uninstalling BitDefender has cured the problem........That is untill I decided to do something I never usually do!.......Instal Windows Live Toolbar.......... "Good God!" that had exactly the same effect as BitDefender, but thats another story, and thats been uninstalled too. I had heard BD10 was buggy! but "Hell on Earth!" I didnt expect This!.. Anyone else have this happen? or Similar? :thumbd:

2. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Disable the HTTP scanner. That part is buggy and I had to turn it off for everything to go back to normal.

The rest works top notch.

3. citationsoft

citationsoft Registered Member

Hey guys;

Have either of you contacted bitdefender directly about these issues? I had a DNS resolution issue with a PC / BD10 but it turned out that the PC had a previous spyware issue that required a fix using LSPFix. I'd highly suggest calling them and letting them know what's the issue.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well Well, pretty Interesting **** you have to say there citationsoft, funny how I emailed a citationsoft representative just yesterday about requesting a refund for this same problem, and mentioning other people had reported similar problems with BitDefender v10 on this very forum, and look! low and behold! a reply from citationsoft!!! and its funny you mention your site has 10% off. You wouldnt be Jonh Ilgen by any chance would you? this coincidence is just too weird If you are, "Refund My Damn Money Dude" :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.