BitDefender AntiVirus v10 And DNS Error

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by DVD+R, Nov 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I actually had to install and uninstall this BitDefender v10, 3 or 4 times before I was convinced that it was the root of the problem. I would get very slow page opening, to the point where I closed Internet Explorer cause it was taking so long to open a website, then opening IE again only to find I would get a DNS Failure plastered into my broweser page instead of a website, or even just the Word "Resolver". I had to restart my computer several times an hour, just to get my Connection to IE back. At first I thought it was because I upgraded to IE7 but its not the case. uninstalling BitDefender has cured the problem........That is untill I decided to do something I never usually do!.......Instal Windows Live Toolbar.......... "Good God!" that had exactly the same effect as BitDefender, but thats another story, and thats been uninstalled too. I had heard BD10 was buggy! but "Hell on Earth!" I didnt expect This!.. Anyone else have this happen? or Similar? :thumbd:

2. kinwolf

kinwolf Registered Member

Disable the HTTP scanner. That part is buggy and I had to turn it off for everything to go back to normal.

The rest works top notch.

3. citationsoft

citationsoft Registered Member

Hey guys;

Have either of you contacted bitdefender directly about these issues? I had a DNS resolution issue with a PC / BD10 but it turned out that the PC had a previous spyware issue that required a fix using LSPFix. I'd highly suggest calling them and letting them know what's the issue.

4. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Well Well, pretty Interesting **** you have to say there citationsoft, funny how I emailed a citationsoft representative just yesterday about requesting a refund for this same problem, and mentioning other people had reported similar problems with BitDefender v10 on this very forum, and look! low and behold! a reply from citationsoft!!! and its funny you mention your site has 10% off. You wouldnt be Jonh Ilgen by any chance would you? this coincidence is just too weird If you are, "Refund My Damn Money Dude" :cautious:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.