Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by PaulBB, Dec 23, 2012.
Someone who got the update TEST IT WITH EICAR to see if you can restore from quarantine.
Confirm the followings:
2 EICAR Files tested (eicar.com.txt & eicar_com.zip), BDFE can Results:
Then From BDFE GUI: QUARANTINE --> SHOW FILES => Right click on the path and a pop up opens with the following options:
"Open the containing folder"
Thanks. Does the restore function automatically exclude the file from being removed again?
My BDAV is still stucked at 188.8.131.529.
Problem occurs only:
1) If I click on "Windows Update" icon, the URL is:
2) Through IE8 --> Safety--> "Windows Update", the URL is:
I have no idea how the correct URL:
changed to the wrong ones which I mentioned above.
If I copy/paste the correct URL, then the Windows Update link works perfect.
BitDefender free is finally usable!
Very nice Bitdefender!
Plus NEW Block Page
Thanks. some users will just click the link even though they're been warned. If they only make the link a little bit smaller.
I guess it's still okay since users are still protected by BDAV free from viruses.
Yes, the new http proxy is making this problem; we're on it, I'll get back with details
As you already notice, we have a new product update for AVFree; changelog for 184.108.40.2066 version:
- Improvements made to Quarantine module: restore/exclude quarantined items
- Threat Control replaced the following tabs: Pending Cleanup and Quarantined Files
- Http alerts with temporarily exclusions
- new http proxy module
- fixed windows 8 login issue
- fixed avc incompatibility with Comodo
- fixed uninstall issues
- fixed Cleaning Previous Threats message reappearing at every boot
- implement Cleaning system task: when OnDemand or QuickSweep has found an infection, a special system scan task is triggered
- Scan speed improvements on windows8 systems
- AutoScan bugfixes and improvements
It's already been 5 hours and I'm still at the old version. Tried redownloading BDAV free and still at the old version. how can I fix it?
In addition to AVushan's confirmation, i'll add some info regarding the new Threat Control:
TC is unifying both AV and AVC infections/threats + exclusions on the items that the user decided/considered that are FalsePositive
For a better user experience, if a process is Unblocked from AVC, it will also be automatically excluded from AV scan; and vice-versa
Our approach was to minimize the UI: just a Delete All Quar button, right-click for per-item actions, no Restore all button, no Exclude all button, no Remove all exclusions etc.
Hmm, a product update is performed a few minutes after install; you should already see the Restart notification..
hmmm. strange. My internet is working normally and I downloaded it again from the website. Still it gave me an older version. Maybe i need to uninstall completely and install it again.
Please someone upload the offline installer 32-bit and PM the link to me. Thanks.
We've isolated and fixed the redirect issue from the new httproxy
Affected are the users with IE & FF, on XP & Vista
Hope we'll have an update tomorrow, after the QA blessing
AV is obvious but AVC?
What's AVC please?
Active virus control?
Running smoothly. I actually like this a better than Baidu AV. Hopefully they keep improving on it.
That's good news, glad to see it. Thanks.
It's about time! It looks like I may have to give BD another shot since you kept your word. I hope the pace quickens a bit for future issues and upgrades, but I'm ecstatic that the restore feature has made its debut. Good job
Still no go for me (WinXP,DW), although BD free 2010 (from FileHippo) works.This "new" BD free makes my system crawl.
I saw the patch notes so decided to give this a cruise....
1. It seems to be randomly slowing down internet access on the pc's it is installed on. I can load a web page right now and have it come back in the usual amount of time. I can then load that same webpage again and now it takes literally 3mins to load.
2. I don't know who's fault here, but this is the only time I've ever seen this behavior. Bitdefender + Zemena (well, Bitdefender + pretty much anything else) causes Bitdefender to just randomly quit. No errors, no logs, the icon will be gone from the taskbar. Check taskmgr and there are no bitdefender processes running (gziface.exe and gzserv.exe). Other various issues occur with other products + bitdefender, but the product just quiting seems rather harsh.
Bitdefender Free causes googoo Chrome to crash alot!!!
I have switched to avast till the isue is fixed.