Bitdefender and Firstdefence ISR

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sukarof, Jun 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sukarof

sukarof Registered Member

Anyone here who uses Bitdefender standard and FDISR?
    I decided to try a new antivirus just for the sake of it (I´ve been using NOD32 for years)
    I did notice that I can not exclude the firstdefence folder named $isr because the bitdefender browser can not see that folder, so I can not exclude it from realtime scanner.
    So, when Firstdefence is making/updating a snapshot my computer reboots (I have the computer set to not to reboot and produce BSOD instead, but it still reboots)
    I have figured it out that it is the realtime scanner in Bitdefender that interferes with Firstdefence somehow.

So I can not make or update any snapshots while bitdefender is installed (or rather while the realtime scanner is active).
    Does anyone have any idea how to make these two programs work together? Since my Firstdefence does scheduled snapshots, it is not an option to disable Bitdefender before the (scheduled) snapshot/update is done.

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I think there is a conflict noted on the Raxco site. But it sounds like you've actually found the work around. I guess I've never noticed conflicts like this cause I always disable AV/AT/AS scanners when working with snapshots in FDISR. That way the scanner is trying to check every file FDISR copies.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.