Bitdefender 2013..I don't get it..someone explain please?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by tomdy2k, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomdy2k

tomdy2k Registered Member

Bitdefender 2013 Av and IS get the best reviews from review sites but on places like Amazon customers give bad reviews. they are bad...mostly complaints about causing computer problems and missing viruses..What is the truth?
    thank you:eek:

2. c2d

c2d Registered Member

So many threads about Bitdefender here on Wilders.
    Check them out.
    Or even better...test it for couple of days, and see if it suits you.

3. thehudd

thehudd Registered Member

My experience with Bitdefender is mainly positive. Some seem to experience a significant slow down but I do not find that to be the case. The only thing I notice is that it tends to grow quite a bit in the hard drive space it occupies. c2d is correct in suggesting you give it a test install and see how it runs on your setup.

4. mattdocs12345

mattdocs12345 Registered Member

I would take the antivirus reviews on Amazon with a grain of salt. The reason is that these are usually common folks as compared to more security knowledgeable users here on Wilders.

5. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

The latter is the truth (at least for causing computer issues).

6. aztony

aztony Registered Member

I understand that they've added an option to be able to exclude from quarantine. What about the ability to exclude something that hasn't been quarantined?

7. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Afternoon! Tomdy2k...take Bitdefender 2013 for a Test Drive...it like all Apps reacts differently...to what you might have installed on your existing machine. I have a license and because I have just 2gigs of ram and a 1.6 dual core processor...a program the size of Bitdefender...can cause lag and surfing bottlenecks. I would recommend on having 4 to 8 gigs of ram and 2.4 to 3.4 processing. But it is much lighter than previous versions...and it's Safe Banking is a Real Plus...and it's detection rates are at the moment the industry standard for effectiveness. And apparently it's 2014 Beta is currently underway...with emphasis on speed...and shedding bloat...and should be available within a few months. Try it you might like it! Sincerely...Securon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.