Bitdefender 2011

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Duradel, May 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duradel

Duradel Registered Member

Noticed there weren't any topics about BitDefender 2011 on the forums. I've been using it for a little while now and have been pleasantly surprised. The anti-virus scan speeds are pretty quick and CPU usage is fairly low on idle and during scans. The firewall doesn't seem intrusive at all either.

BitDefender has scored fairly consistently high in tests done by AV Comparatives and AV-Test recently:

Windows 7 2011 Q1 (AV-Test): http://www.av-test.org/certifications.php

On demand comparative test 2011 (AV-C): http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/detection-test

Whole product dynamic test 2010 (AV-C): http://www.av-comparatives.org/en/comparativesreviews/dynamic-tests

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  2. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

using it for a week before. Slowed me down. Heavy

3. Duradel

Most modern computers nowadays come shipped with 64 bit operating systems and 4GB of RAM. RAM is extremely cheap nowadays.

BitDefender's anti-phishing toolbar is buggy at the moment (BitDefender knows about the bug and is working on fixing it) but if the user disables it then internet browsing is fast.

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  4. clayieee

But most haven't upgrade yet, there still some who use XP

5. Duradel

With 3GB of RAM and a dual core processor above 2GHz the computer should be able to handle BitDefender and similar products.

6. clayieee

i can say i have bitdefender installed as im using G data

7. MrGSM

MrGSM Registered Member

I am a BitDefender user i can say that the best version of BitDefender is 2010 but this version of 2011 have many bugs et more heavy than 2010....

8. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

Download a huge file using firefox or ie. If it is cancelled halfway you can still see network activity because bitdefender scanner continues to download the file even though the original download is cancelled by the user thereby slowing the internet connection for other purposes. This is annoying if internet connection is not fast. Same issue is there while playing videos online. Its Active Virus Control issues alerts for well known programs complaining about potential bad behavior but it won't explain it. This makes it difficult since we don't know if the program itself is malicious or it has been compromised or it is just a false positive. For these reasons I am not using bitdefender though I have a license and my system hardware is speedy enough to use bitdefender. Hope the 2012 version solves these issues.

9. lodore

lodore Registered Member

Most of my customers computers run XP and have 1gb or less of ram. my point is that you shouldnt need to upgrade a computer just to run security software. plenty of security software will run perfectly on that spec of system.

10. Duradel

Most business users will need at least 2GB of RAM even for running just office applications. I recommend at least 2GB to users running XP it needs 1GB of physical memory to run the OS effectively.

Running Ccleaner and Auslogics Disk Defrag (Any de-fragmentation software) on computers makes even old ones run fairly efficiently.

BitDefender 2011 has great detection rates with scans and its pro-active defense is also pretty good. You can purchase single user licenses on Ebay fairly cheap as well compared to other well known products.

Last edited: May 28, 2011
  11. clayieee

XP can even run on a 256 - 512 range of RAM. Supposedly new antivirus nowadays should be not that heavy as new technology comes along. i have a total security license though i didnt install it because of the performance issue.
    having a RAM of 2gb and a processor with 2.8Ghz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.