BitDefender 10 issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RWP, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWP

RWP Registered Member

Can some one help me, I installed BitDefender 10 from version 9 that worked fine, but 10 has an issue , if I look in the windows event viewer I see a error, that reads The bdfdll service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified, it will do this on start up and it seems to do it if there is a update, not a manul update, can some one help me with this issue? Thanks

2. timcan

timcan Registered Member

3. RWP

RWP Registered Member

Thanks I will give it a try, I have went back to BitDefender 9 and no issues, when I did install bitdefender 10 I had removed version 9, so maybe that will work, Thanks for the info

4. RWP

RWP Registered Member

I just clicked on the link and it shows it for the standard addition, mine is the security suite, when I had clicked on the download and install it showed to uninstall version 9 before downloading 10, Thanks, maybe I should go with bitdefender antivirus V.10 instead of the internet security V.10, my internet security V.9 works great,

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I find BitDefender Internet Securityv10 will Firewall Azureus, and cause a DAT Error which is a Port Error thing, and Azureus States that the connections are DHT Firewalled, as such I can no longer fully connect to all the ports Azureus needs i.e I no longer see the Green Health Icon while trying to download, Also I ran a full Virus Scan, and it crashed at the finish, and stated BitDefender has caused a problem and needs to close... these are just my findings, I dont know if anyone else has found this out eithero_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.