BitDefender 10 issues

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by RWP, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWP

RWP Registered Member

Can some one help me, I installed BitDefender 10 from version 9 that worked fine, but 10 has an issue , if I look in the windows event viewer I see a error, that reads The bdfdll service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the file specified, it will do this on start up and it seems to do it if there is a update, not a manul update, can some one help me with this issue? Thanks

2. timcan

timcan Registered Member

3. RWP

RWP Registered Member

Thanks I will give it a try, I have went back to BitDefender 9 and no issues, when I did install bitdefender 10 I had removed version 9, so maybe that will work, Thanks for the info

4. RWP

RWP Registered Member

I just clicked on the link and it shows it for the standard addition, mine is the security suite, when I had clicked on the download and install it showed to uninstall version 9 before downloading 10, Thanks, maybe I should go with bitdefender antivirus V.10 instead of the internet security V.10, my internet security V.9 works great,

5. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I find BitDefender Internet Securityv10 will Firewall Azureus, and cause a DAT Error which is a Port Error thing, and Azureus States that the connections are DHT Firewalled, as such I can no longer fully connect to all the ports Azureus needs i.e I no longer see the Green Health Icon while trying to download, Also I ran a full Virus Scan, and it crashed at the finish, and stated BitDefender has caused a problem and needs to close... these are just my findings, I dont know if anyone else has found this out eithero_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.