bitcomet "not connectable"

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by fred22, Sep 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

Hi,

first of, i have no complains and getting good speeds, most times at max isp speeds.

although each time i seed some stuff, the list shows me that i am not connectable

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/4609/1139200523181728920051826119xq.png

you may ask why even bother if speeds are not affected..thats right but still i like to see myself as " Connectable" in the list.

i then checked the log and the connections to my bittorrent port is indeed blocked...still i download at full speeds most times?
    i dont understand this

then i added the torrent rule and forwarded the port im using
    http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/1750/1139200523181728920051826482sc.png

the torrentsite still shows " not connectable"

anyone help me?
    thx in advance

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi,

What are the blocked ports shown in the logs ?

Perhaps the connection to torrentsite is using different ports than the BitTorrent rule is allowing ?

Frederic

3. Technic

Technic Registered Member

Hi!

Check your listening port in BitComet:

Options/preferences/connection/listen port :xxxx

Make sure that your listening port number matches with your LnS's bittorrent rule. If you have router, you might have to forward the port.

4. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

nevermind ..i got it fixed..system required a reboot to take effect.
    i removed the Bittorrent rule as shown in screenshot,keeping the second one(rightclick in logscreen and added TCP rule for port)
    saved phantom's list
    rebooted system
    its connectable now

nice firewall btw!!

5. Can someone PLEASE tell me exactly how you forward a porto_O I've been messing around with BitComet for HOURS trying top get speeds above 0.1kb/s! I'm connected to the LAN at my uni... I'm not sure what that means exactly but usual HTTP downloads get up to 1mb/s, so I know theres gotta be something wrong. Any help would be greatly apprectated. I'm going insane over this! Thanks in advance.

6. Thomas MM

Thomas MM Guest

Maybe your University blocks some ports (the usual suspects) or they are limiting the download speed?
    Some Universities need to protect their budget from too many students downloading all day long. This costs a lot of money ;)

Port forwarding is only important, if you are behind a router. I do assume you are not, since you are connected via University LAN.

Thomas :)

7. I dont think they've put a limit on the speed. Besides if they did, i'm positive it'd be more than 2kb/s (my top speed so far). I guess i'll have to ask around the unit to see if anyone knows what ports I should be using or whatever. I know I have to use Your Freedom (proxy tunneler) to get around the firewall. Could this be the reason it's so slow? At this rate my 450mb file will be done in 4 days and 16 hours :eek:P
    Cheers...

8. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Not sure if this problem is related to Look 'n' Stop.
    Could you confirm the problem disappears if Look 'n' Stop is stopped ?
    If it does, what is the content of the log when you encounter the issue ?

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.