Bit Torrents......

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bgfalconboy, Apr 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

I'm a huge Prison Break and 24 fan. I've missed both new episodes last monday on March 27th. I hear you can get downloads of tv shows and the like from bit torrent sites. How are these, are there good sites to get content from and if so where from? A few sites if come across off a forum link was a www.tvtorrents.com , others I've found are a btefnet.net but google with sitea advisor gave that site an red X and said it was a fake site. Another was torrentbox.com and www.tvcentral.com. , SiteAdvisor gives that tvcentral.com a a yellow caution marker. Tvtorrents.com and torrentbox.com had green "okay" markers from SiteAdvisor.

Any info you have on this subject would be great as it would be nice to catch up the these shows during their season instead of waiting many months to a year till the dvd's show up.

2. dog [away]

dog [away] Guest

Use any of the popular search sites, they all have TV Rip listings. Both shows are very popular ... there are many groups/individuals doing rips. It isn't hard to find ... because of some of the content available at those sites, it would be against Wilders TOS to post direct links to them, but you'll find your way no problem with the about.com link above.

3. Inspector Clouseau

Inspector Clouseau AV Expert

As far as i know Apple started to include these TV Shows for legaly download around $1 to $3 per episode. This depends on where you live - they do offer localy TV shows in special IP ranges. If you're using windows you can get them via iTunes for Windows. The quality is much better than the ripped ones you can download via p2p. I know it's not completely free, but in case you miss some particular episode you can have a look there too.

4. dog

dog Guest

I don't know if DLing TV Rips is illegal at all - AFAIK there isn't any legal precedent. The quality available thru torrents is really good, I'd guess likely as good or better than what Apple would offer (Although I haven't ever seen one) - considering bandwidth factors ... the other issue with Apple/iTunes is their DRM, I'm sure they include it with episodes too, just like everything from their music library.

5. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

6. f3x

f3x Registered Member

The choise of the tracker is a pointless topic.
    It's the same as which is the best defrag/antivir/system maintenance.

Tv eppisode are deffinitively common on most public tracker so any will do.
    Mininova and thepiratebay should have what you want.

For your personnal knowledge ~snipped URL....Bubba~ have one of the biggest list of tracker I have seen.

Some basic security alwais apply.
    IF an unknow site try to offer you active X control alwais say no ;)

If you are looking for a ressource efficient, newby firendly and powefull client
    I may suggest you reading about utorrent

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2006
  7. mistycat

mistycat Registered Member

Thanks f3x, that's a great site. Another good one is: http://ts.kurtubba.com/. As stated, you will have no problem finding excellent quality tv programs a few days after they air but if Isohunt or Torrentspy don't have what you want, it's probably not available. Another program I would recommend is Peer Guardian 2 (p2p firewall) by Phoenix Labs or something similar, especially if US copyright laws apply to you .Again, as stated, utorrent is problably one of the best clients out there but irregardless of which client you choose, port forwarding is necessary to achieve the best speeds if you're behind a router.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.