BIT DEFENDER ONLINE SCAN + AVIRA

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by cheche, Nov 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cheche

cheche Registered Member

hey there..

my pc s infected with TROJAN, it was not detected by kaspersky intenet security so i replaced it with avira personal, but avira just detects d malware but wasnot able to completely delete the bug. I googled a better AV and found out that we can scan our system with BIT DEFENDER online scan. it wasnt able to detect the malware, but after running avira, the trojan is gone. or is it?

ive read n a forum that its not good 2 have 2 anti virus installed, much more run at the same time, as it would damage the system.. is it true? but Bit defender was not installed, it was just run.. please clear things out.. am worried..tnx.

2. ePost

ePost Registered Member

That's right = BitDefender is not installed. So no worries. Bitdefender's online scanner only left a small support program for the online scanner and it is perfectly safe to leave it in your PC. It's called an activeX object. We all have those little support programs for online scanners nowadays. That way the PC is ready for the next online check. Because one should take an extra scan every now and then with something other than the regular program that one has installed.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  3. ePost

ePost Registered Member

You can also find scanners with the ability to remove malware that wont disturb Avira Antivir. These 2 are the best. Be sure to take the freeware. Not the trials. The trails have realtime protection and that can disturb Avira Antivir:

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware: http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php
    SUPERAntiSpyware: http://www.superantispyware.com/

I have both installed and use them as extra scanners only. I also run a realtime anti-malware program, of cause.

I think you should install, update and run one or both of them to check that your infection has been removed.

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

cheche, I moved your post from the General Topics Forum to this Malware Problems and News Forum for better exposure.

JR

5. cheche

cheche Registered Member

iv already downloaded and installed the malware prog.. is it really safe to run it?

6. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Yes it is safe to run. Both programs are great, and spyware free.

Thanks,

Chris

7. ePost

ePost Registered Member

Came to think of: BitDefender actually also offers a free anti-malware scanner with the ability to remove and without realtime functions. Since this freeware has no realtime functions you can have it installed installed and use it alongside Avira Antivir Personel just like the free SUPERAntiSpyware and the free Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Here's the download link.

BitDefender free: http://www.bitdefender.com/PRODUCT-14-en--BitDefender-Free-Edition.html

8. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

That's true.
    You don't want 2 av monitor components running together.
    But the BitDefender online scan is not a monitor, it's an on-demand scanner.
    That's different and should be safe. You could temporarily disable your av monitor while you scan with the Bit Defender online scanner. That may speed up the scan time.

9. subhrobhandari

subhrobhandari Registered Member

Some malwares are programmed as it would just self-terminate or disable any suspicious activity when some specific AV process is running. There are several stealers are being made using THIS technique and its quite popular within the Black Market. The stubs have options to self-terminate or dissolve when its sandboxied or specific scanner modules are running. This is done to give a false sense of security for most average users. So might be that its just hidden there. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.